Americade - Page 5 - Honda Shadow Forums : Shadow Motorcycle Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #41 of 49 (permalink) Old 06-12-2016, 06:24 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harryc View Post
I hope to meet again some day soon. Safe travels Bro.
Right back at ya'.

Art's 1999 Shadow 1100 ACE

Ride bell by Dr. Bob's Patient
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 49 (permalink) Old 12-18-2016, 09:11 PM Thread Starter

It's early yet but I know some folks like to plan ahead, I know I do. I will be in Lake George NY at Americade again this year with friends from June 8th through June 11th. If anyone is interested in meeting up let me know. It's always a pleasure to shake the hands of old and new friends.

post #43 of 49 (permalink) Old 12-18-2016, 09:44 PM

Maybe we can plan something again for 2017, hopefully we will be thawed out by June.
Bill

1996 Honda Shadow 1100 ACE

post #44 of 49 (permalink) Old 12-18-2016, 09:49 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'mKOHD View Post
Maybe we can plan something again for 2017, hopefully we will be thawed out by June.
Bill
Sounds good Bill, I'll keep in touch. If we're not thawed out by June I'd guess Okemo's business would be booming. . Have a great winter and Merry Christmas, to you, Pat, and your family.
post #45 of 49 (permalink) Old 04-28-2017, 05:54 PM Thread Starter

Hey Bill, and anyone who'll be in attendance. I will be at Americade from June 8th through 10th, leaning on the 11th. If you'd like to meet up for a ride or a meal let me know what day and time you'd like to meet. We ride every day so I am open as long as the meet time is around 10am...breakfast then go. We plan on some longer distance rides this year, so plan to spend the day.
post #46 of 49 (permalink) Old 04-28-2017, 07:12 PM

Harry, i was thinking about this, and was wondering if your crew would like to make a loop into Vt. The longest I would want to do would be around Smugglers Notch which would be about 260-275 miles, or we could make any one of several loops that would be shorter. What do you think? If we did do this I would meet up with you at the Champlain Bridge so the miles riding would be about the same.

1996 Honda Shadow 1100 ACE
post #47 of 49 (permalink) Old 04-28-2017, 07:39 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'mKOHD View Post
Harry, i was thinking about this, and was wondering if your crew would like to make a loop into Vt. The longest I would want to do would be around Smugglers Notch which would be about 260-275 miles, or we could make any one of several loops that would be shorter. What do you think? If we did do this I would meet up with you at the Champlain Bridge so the miles riding would be about the same.
Hey Bill, so the Lake Champlain Bridge is 1 hr 15 minutes from Lake George, and we'd get there at 12:00 noon. So if we can do a loop to get us back into Lake George at 6pm or so that would work. If you want to do that we'd be glad to meet you and you be the tour guide.
post #48 of 49 (permalink) Old 04-28-2017, 09:13 PM

Day Trip from New Paltz

Americade is about a 2 hour ride from my home town, New Paltz. If anyone wants to ride up or back with company, I usually let the weather dictate which day I go. I will be hitting the road in the morning. There are some great back roads in my neighborhood that will get from the Hudson Valley to Albany. I usually stay on the slab from Albany to Lake George.
Likewise I usually head for home around 4, allowing for a dinner stop at some funky local eatery.

Let me know if any of you NYers want to join up.

Sometimes you need a really crooked road to get your head straight!

post #49 of 49 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 10:52 PM Thread Starter

Bill I spoke to the crew and they are up for a Vermont tour. So if you decide to do it give me a date and time and we'll be there...weather permitting.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Shadow Forums : Shadow Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page