Americade - Honda Shadow Forums : Shadow Motorcycle Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 53 (permalink) Old 02-24-2015, 08:09 PM Thread Starter

Americade

Anyone going? I'll be there from June 3rd to June 7th and would be happy to meet some HSN members there ...
Home

"Stormy" 1997 Valkyrie Tourer - http://s724.photobucket.com/user/Har...eshow/Valkyrie

Ride Bell By OldDad
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 53 (permalink) Old 02-24-2015, 08:46 PM

Location: SW Georgia Between Americus & Beuna Vista - Plains & Ellaville - Preston & Andersonville
I got trip$ already planned for this year, BUT would Like to attend one year...

post #3 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-07-2015, 03:32 PM

Every year I say I'm going but it doesn't seem to happen. It's about a 3 1/2 hour ride from me. I've been thinking about getting up there this year; maybe see if a riding buddy wants to go & split a room during the week for a night.

post #4 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-08-2015, 07:57 PM

Garage
It's about 160 miles for me with most of it parkway and highway. I would not want to take that trip alone. Who knows, maybe I could go with the guy I bought my bike from. He has a Goldwing Trike.

1986 VT500C
post #5 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-08-2015, 08:17 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck12563 View Post
It's about 160 miles for me with most of it parkway and highway. I would not want to take that trip alone. Who knows, maybe I could go with the guy I bought my bike from. He has a Goldwing Trike.
Hey Chuck. Send me a PM. I live just a few miles from you (Poughquag). Maybe we can take a ride or two this spring.

"Stormy" 1997 Valkyrie Tourer - http://s724.photobucket.com/user/Har...eshow/Valkyrie

Ride Bell By OldDad
post #6 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-06-2016, 05:34 PM Thread Starter

Another year, another Americade. I am planning on going this year also. I'll be there from June 9th thru 11th. If anyone is planing to go let me know and we'll meet if possible.

Ride Bell By OldDad
post #7 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-07-2016, 09:22 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harryc View Post
Another year, another Americade. I am planning on going this year also. I'll be there from June 9th thru 11th. If anyone is planing to go let me know and we'll meet if possible.
I am SERIOUSLY thinking of going and plan on those exact same days. As of now, the idea would be to spend a night in Binghamton (maybe catch a game at NYSEG), ride to Americade the next morning, find a decent hotel with an open room somewhere nearby, spend half the next day then ride on to visit my uncle & aunt in Shushan. Haven't got it all worked out yet but maybe another 2,000 miles from there before I get home.

Got any recommendations on a good place for that night? My preference would be somewhere outside of Lake George if there is one reasonably close.

If I can work out the details with relatives then there is little that could stop me from going.

Art's 1999 Shadow 1100 ACE

Ride bell by Dr. Bob's Patient
post #8 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-07-2016, 11:23 AM Thread Starter

I don't know a lot about the Motels around the area Art, but I think if you search here you should find something to your liking and price range. If you do decide to go please reach out and we can meet.
Top 10 Hotels in Lake George, New York | Hotels.com

Ride Bell By OldDad
post #9 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-08-2016, 09:47 AM

Garage
Quote:
I don't know a lot about the Motels around the area Art, but I think if you search here you should find something to your liking and price range.
Ideally I'd find something like these: Hidden Valley Motel and Judy's Motel plus Two Rivers Lodge. Great spots all three. Trouble is you can't be sure it isn't a dump until you get there. Places like that don't tend to sort to the top of the search sites

Quote:
If you do decide to go please reach out and we can meet.
Getting even more likely. Aunt and uncle in upstate Connecticut (about three hours from ones in Shushan) are dangling out incentives for me to stop by after leaving New York -- which has been part of the plan all along.

Got some homework to do but the trip is going from imagination to reality more every day. The wife has already bought off on it -- typically the hardest part of any adventure when you reach my age.

post #10 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-14-2016, 12:18 PM

Garage
So now I'm booked for June 9th through 11th about ten miles south of Lake George. Reserved a room in Binghamton the night of the 8th -- about as far as I think I can make in a day. Maybe I'll catch the AA game that night. Binghamton Mets are hosting the Trenton Thunder, the AA affiliate of the Oxymorons.

Anyone else going to Americade?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Shadow Forums : Shadow Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page