I tried to get my cables to work, but they had frayed and rusted and were binding internally, so I was unable to get mine to work. Also, there was no way to tell if the spring was actually strong enough to overcome the friction of cables and close off the choke plungers if the cable was "sort of" working, which is why I ditched it altogether. If I find one in the future, I may bring it back to stock, but for now, no choke is how mine runs.
also, rather than cutting the cables, I disconnected them at the carbs, loosen the plastic nut, and the plungers and springs pull out (cable disconnects at the plungers) took the plastic nut thing off the end of the cables, and used it to hold in the springs and plungers.
1972 Honda CB350 -gone
1967 Honda CB160 -gone
1982 Honda CB900 Custom -gone (sniff)
1972 Honda 550 four -gone
1982 Kawasaki 440 ltd -gone
1983 Yamaha Maxim 750 -gone
1973 Suzuki GT750 -dead
1984 Kawasaki 440 ltd -dead
1986 Honda VT700c -resurrecting
Last edited by Bladerunner; 05-05-2012 at 11:51 AM.
Reason: adding stuff