Honda Shadow Forums banner

any Vets out there??

12K views 70 replies 69 participants last post by  Canadian Vic 
#1 ·
I'll be riding in the Veterans Day parade in NYC... 11-11-12 at 11:00AM

Down 5th Ave, (starting at 26th st. ending at 46th st.

Come and ride and show your PRIDE or come and show your Support!!!!

I just dug out my bikes this morning ( 13" of snow that the weatherman said we were NOT getting " only rain and high winds") gezzzzzzzz I wish I could get a job where I can be wrong and still get paid LOL

#28 ·
US Coast Guard 1979 - 1996*
Yeoman First Class (E-6)
Retired

* I chose that "early out" package called TERA (Temporary Early Retirement Authorization) that then-President Clinton and Congress signed back in 1996. It took the normal 20 year military retirement and dropped it to 15. I had 17 years in and, to be honest, I got tired and burned out of trying and trying and trying ...and trying yet again... to make Chief (E-7). I saw the writing on the wall and put in for it, got approved, and the rest is history.

Oh and before I forget... I heard from some of the guys who stayed in, that they (Clinton & Congress) had to shut down TERA in 1998, due to so many people jumping ship. Rumor had it that the Army lost something like 35,000 soldiers alone in 1996 because they too got out!

#32 ·
2/504, 82nd Airborne, 11BHE9P1, paratrooper, hooahh

#46 ·
USAF, December 1972 - December 1982. Stationed at Tachikawa AFB, Japan during the Vietnam era in support. Was there during the fall of Saigon and assisted in the processing of civilians evacuated by the Flying Tigers. I didn't see combat, being a woman, but I sure saw the results of it. We were warriors.

Three of my four children are on active duty, two air Force, one Navy. Eldest is currently deployed in the Philippines establishing communications, second is flying air support in the middle east, and the Navy one just returned from the far east and is set to redeploy in March, if not sooner depending on what Korea does.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.