Honda Shadow Forums banner

Buying a Shadow !!!

1K views 11 replies 12 participants last post by  SuperboyX 
#1 ·
Hi All
I just got my shiny new endorsement and am buying a shadow to get some miles and experience.
The 2 candidates are a 2005 Aero 750 with 65k or a 2002 Spirit 1100
in a chubby 6 footer so both seem a Little small but should have enough power to drag my fat ass around

Any suggestion on whats to look out for in a 750 with 65k
it s dealer unit and they say they go over it mechanically and of course "should have no problems" :)
The 1100 has 10 k
both are around the same price 3k
any thoughts or feedback is appreciated
Have a great day !!!!
Patrick

#3 ·
Welcome to the forum! I would pass on the 65k mile Shadow! There are lots of good deals out there! Have you checked craigslist in your area? Find one with under 20K miles,check service records,tires and cosmetics.

#8 ·
I've quickly found out that a higher mileage bike causes you money if the previous owner didn't keep up with maintenance. Mine has 18,000 and I'm replacing the chain and sprockets, a new rear wheel, and all the fluids changed. But for the price I paid it's still a good deal. I would pass on the higher mileage bike like others have said and they have more experience than I do. Welcome btw, I'm in the same boat.

#10 ·
sounds to me like your dealer is trying to use your inexperience against you and get you to buy a bike that they haven't been able to move. I wouldn't even consider a 65k mile bike for $3k.

Actually, I see that the original poster has not been back yet. I wonder if that was supposed to be 6,500 instead of 65,000?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.