Honda Shadow Forums banner

Ice falling from Semi

582 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Poundingsand 
#1 ·
I moved up from a scooter to a motorcycle this weekend which now allows me access to interstate riding. As there seem to be more and more new folks joining each day, I wanted to share my experience as a reminder of hazzards.

Here in KC the roads are clear but it was about 40 degrees when I was riding earlier today. A semi merged onto the interstate next to me. Within in a few seconds of it getting up to speed, I noticed what first seemed to be bits of spray mist coming from the top of the long trailer. Those bits quickly grew into larger pieces of ice hitting the ground and spraying across the road.

I moved two lanes over just before a really large piece of ice lifted from the truck and hit the lane separating us. Just a heads up, even if your roads are dry, we don't know where the semis have traveled or if they just had water and ice build up over while sitting overnight. Be forewarned.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.