Honda Shadow Forums banner

Colorado Riders - Time to meet

16K views 29 replies 13 participants last post by  DavidFinch 
#1 ·
Hey guys, we have a ride leaving Denver Sat 28th at 7am, headed up into the mountains. Going to do about 200 miles.. or so. Let me know who's up for it.

#4 ·
Tell me just a bit more. PM or post. I'm in C. Springs, so I'd have to start rockin' up I-25 at about 5:30 or so to make it in time, and, ... Denver's a big place to start from. ;)
Also, whereabouts in the hills? That part I'm just curious as to where you're thinking about. Just did my Hwy67 to 285 to 470 back home on 25 yesterday, in fact.
Would be good to actually meet up with some members, since all of the Coasties have the advantage of their cities' being, like, twenty feet away from each other. No offense to said coast-dwellers. I have no political correctness in me at all. It's all in fun, and someday, if I make it out to either side of this Beautiful Country, I'd like to meet some of you guys. And gals. And skeletons. And puppies.

The Amazing Doug

#9 ·
Tell me just a bit more. PM or post. I'm in C. Springs, so I'd have to start rockin' up I-25 at about 5:30 or so to make it in time, and, ... Denver's a big place to start from. ;)
Also, whereabouts in the hills? That part I'm just curious as to where you're thinking about. Just did my Hwy67 to 285 to 470 back home on 25 yesterday, in fact.
Would be good to actually meet up with some members, since all of the Coasties have the advantage of their cities' being, like, twenty feet away from each other. No offense to said coast-dwellers. I have no political correctness in me at all. It's all in fun, and someday, if I make it out to either side of this Beautiful Country, I'd like to meet some of you guys. And gals. And skeletons. And puppies.

The Amazing Doug

That would be one long ride for ya thats for sure. But if you just hit the road I think we could meet in broomfield maybe greatscotts eatery right off hwy36? I think its the pecos exit.

#7 · (Edited)
For me and my part it would be easier to start in or around boulder/broomfield at a dinner off 36. Then its really easy. 36 to boulder all the way till it hits Broadway then right, take Broadway as far as it goes then left. Follow signs till you hit Estes Park. Thats if you wanted to use the back two lane road that follows the mountain.

Heres some quick maps. I pulled up.

#11 ·
Still a newbie...

Hello All,

I am fairly new rider, am in C Springs and have a 2006 Shadow VLX.
I would love to have people to ride with and maybe start some shorter rides and work my way up. I'm a single mom so longer ones require more notice. :p

Glad to be here!
KatieS
:-D

#12 ·
Hello All,

I am fairly new rider, am in C Springs and have a 2006 Shadow VLX.
I would love to have people to ride with and maybe start some shorter rides and work my way up. I'm a single mom so longer ones require more notice. :p

Glad to be here!
KatieS
:-D
Welcome! I know there are at least 3 of us way north (Greeley, FoCo, Loveland). I don't remember if there is anyone on the board in the Springs.

#18 ·
Hi Katie,

I'm up in Greeley, but did some looking. You might check out Women In The Wind, they have a CS chapter called the Mountain High Riders. That would give you some local lady riders to ride with, if we were closer together we could do a lot of riding. :)

My first bike was a Shadow VLX600 Deluxe, it is a excellent bike to learn on. :grin:

Andrea

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.