750 ACE verses 750 Aero Question - Honda Shadow Forums : Shadow Motorcycle Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-09-2010, 02:26 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default 750 ACE verses 750 Aero Question

I've ridden a Honda Shadow 600 VLX for the last year and want to move up to a little bigger bike without losing the decent gas mileage. I like the Honda 750 ACE for its styling and larger front tire. Is there anything wrong with the 750 Aero? Used ACE prices in my region are, in my opinion, way too high for the age and mileage on these used bikes. Whereas the Aero prices are much better for a newer bike with typically lower miles!? Why does the Aero go for basically the same or lower price of a used ACE. These are on bikes with similar after marked accessories (lights, fairings, exhaust). Has anyone else noticed this or is it just my impression?

I think I'm sold on the Aero, because of the lack of chain and ACE like styling. Any one else's thoughts on Aero verses ACE would be much appreciated. Oh, is there a difference in ACE verses Aero mpg?

Thanks
sstoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-09-2010, 08:58 AM   #2 (permalink)

I ride a 2005 Honda Shadow Aero. It is a very nice bike. AFAIK, The only major difference between the ACE and Aero is cosmetic, like the fenders and such.
Kitulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 10:50 AM   #3 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sstoro View Post
without losing the decent gas mileage.
The 750's still get "good" mileage but not nearly as good as the 600, I think. My VLX averages 60; a couple more ridden easy on the highway, a couple less around town.

I think the 750's are down around 50 or a bit less......but my memory can't be trusted sometimes.

Maybe you should ask what mileage to expect on your "upgrade" from riders who have them.
A-Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 10:53 AM   #4 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to 02ACESarge Send a message via Skype™ to 02ACESarge

The ace is dual carb, the aero is single. ace = chain aero = shaft
02ACESarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 10:57 AM   #5 (permalink)

Garage

I ride a 2007 Aero and get 60-65 mpg depending on how I ride. I love the smooth ride of the shaft drive and not having to mess with oiling and adjusting chains.I also love how it lays into the twisties ,as it is one of the best handeling cruisers I have road.
vulture07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 11:03 AM   #6 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to 02ACESarge Send a message via Skype™ to 02ACESarge

My ACE has always been in 38-43 mpg range since I bought it in '07.
02ACESarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 11:12 AM   #7 (permalink)

My attraction to the Aero was largely aesthetic though I also preferred the chain drive. Those retro-styling fenders contribute to that long low-slung look that I really wanted. I get 55ish mpg.

Old dogs, and children, and Watermelon Wine

-- Tom T. Hall

Jay Tee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 01:48 PM   #8 (permalink)
kcr

I have the ACE. Given the choice, I would probably take the Aero for better gas mileage, no carbs to synch, no chain maintenance. And it's a newer bike.

My ACE averages around 48 mpg.
kcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 02:05 PM   #9 (permalink)

I prefer the ACE to the Aero all day. I don't mind a chain, and actually prefer it to shaft. And I hate teh fenders of the Aero.
Old 12-09-2010, 03:58 PM   #10 (permalink)

There are actually quite a few diffs between the Aero and ACE . Back in 03 , I had the choice of a new 03 ACE Deluxe or black 04 Aero for almost the same price and chose the ACE for its styling , twin carbs , higher quality details like polished top triple and rear hub , more chrome , aluminum vs plastic engine covers , and steel rear fender . Yeah the chain can make a mess but it makes modding easier .
HRCguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement