750 C2 Integrated brake light? - Honda Shadow Forums : Shadow Motorcycle Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-13-2011, 07:35 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default 750 C2 Integrated brake light?

As you all know there are lots of options for the 750DC, but not too many for the C2 (2007 and up)

Has anyone found and integrated brake light for the C2?

Thanks!
Spammark is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-14-2011, 09:03 AM   #2 (permalink)

Maybe a little more information on what you mean by an integrated brake light?

2005 Aero

1972 Honda XL250 Motorsport
2006 Rebel - daughter (Now gone)
1974 XL100
thunderglass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 09:44 AM   #3 (permalink)
Banned

A couple guys have changed the taillight if that is what you mean. Someone makes a bracket to mount the Billski. Looks ok, another guy I have seen carved the rear fender to mount a dual light setup. I went with led strips.... a little more info and I can help you out.
TI 3VOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 12:58 PM   #4 (permalink)

Thanks Guys,

I'm trying to clean up the rear end. I don't love the lic plate, brake light, blinker set up. I saw a brake light that flashed on the right half, or left half for turn sigs. It was for a DC, though. I was hoping to find one for the C2.

I do like the LED strip some folks are using, but it seems most of them have cut the fender. I'm not really ready for that yet.

I know ditching the turn sigs in the rear is not 'entirely legal' here in CA. There is some law about how far apart they must be. But, I'm willing to deal with the PoPo for a cleaner look!
Old 01-14-2011, 01:13 PM   #5 (permalink)

I want something like this...

1994-2007 Honda Shadow Spirit 750 LED Integrated Tail-light With Turn Signals *::*Honda*::*Integrated Tail-lights*::*Tail-Lights*::*Xtreme Discount Cycle
Old 01-14-2011, 01:16 PM   #6 (permalink)

Hmm, maybe this bad boy would work...

2009-2011 Honda Fury LED Brake Light Bar Fender Kit- Integrated *::*Honda*::*Fender Eliminator Kits*::*Xtreme Discount Cycle
Old 01-14-2011, 02:12 PM   #7 (permalink)
Banned

The Fury one would probably work. Not much you can do with the rear fender as is. The one you posted would at least keep the license plate on the back filling the gap left from removing the stock taillight Keep in mind, taillight pictures are taken from behind, and the C2 fender sticks way out in side view once all the junk is removed.
Old 01-14-2011, 02:49 PM   #8 (permalink)

I agree TI - about the side view. I see you cut yours (nice pic in another post). It looks pretty **** good. Do you need to paint the new cut edge? What did you use to cut it? I want to do it (but, I'm scared!)
Old 01-14-2011, 02:58 PM   #9 (permalink)
Banned

The fender is the same color plastic all the way through. My bro taped it off, this is the hardest part, getting it to look right. I kept the subframe intact to the rear seat bolt hole, but could have rounded more if I didn't. He used a steady hand and a cut off wheel to cut it. I then used rough sandpaper to smooth it out, then kept going finer and finer till I hit 2000 and wetsanded the edge. Came out perfect.

Old 01-15-2011, 08:49 PM   #10 (permalink)

I got mine from Clear Alternatives. Unfortunately I don't see one for 07-up 750's though. Apparently their direct website is down, and you get redirected to a sales sight for their product. They have been around for a while, considering back in 03 or 04 I got a tail light for my old CBR from them.
Shadow lights Results for Honda Tail Lights:Shadow

The integrated one I have (LED) 87-07 Shadow Spirit 1100<br>00-08 Shadow VLX

working on getting pics up (I know "no pics didn't happen")
02shadow11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement