Makes me a little sad... - Honda Shadow Forums : Shadow Motorcycle Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-05-2012, 12:52 PM   #1 (permalink)

Garage
Default Makes me a little sad...

This pretty little Harley has been sitting, totally deserted and seemingly forgotten at a parking lot nearby where I live. Seen it every day since early fall, while walking the dogs. It's been sitting there in rain och the last couple of weeks covered in snow. Used to have a cover, but I think it went in one of the autumn storms...
Before the snow fell, I a took a closer look at it through the fence. Surface rust on lots of the chromed parts.
Neat little bike it is. Certainly worth a better fate.
Why do people do this to their bikes, one wonders...?
There might be a perfectly sensible explanation. Maybe some personal tragedy, who knows?
Feel kind of sorry for it, nevertheless...
"Don't ride faster than your guardian angel can fly..."

Last edited by Bosse H; 02-05-2012 at 03:36 PM.
Bosse H is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-05-2012, 01:02 PM   #2 (permalink)

Make an offer on it, you might get a deal

I always knew this would be fun!
Badoshadow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-05-2012, 02:17 PM   #3 (permalink)

Garage

have you seen the owner...or anyone messing with it?..maybe they're a soldier and had been deployed overseas..or maybe something happened and they can't back out to ride,or maybe they died. it's really hard to say what happened..get license plate number and check with local leo and see if they can get some info on it..it maybe stolen too..idk..but for a bike to be sitting so long and not having anyone around messing with it raises flags.

2003 vlx 600

Freedom to ride is brought to us by the men and women who gave their lives serving our country and those who continue to serve.THANK YOU!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPHJFEcrHQ4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4h7AQArOCU
craig s. is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-05-2012, 02:21 PM   #4 (permalink)

Sounds like time for a bike rescue!!

tigrzeye is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-05-2012, 02:29 PM   #5 (permalink)

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by craig s. View Post
have you seen the owner...or anyone messing with it?..maybe they're a soldier and had been deployed overseas..or maybe something happened and they can't back out to ride,or maybe they died. it's really hard to say what happened..get license plate number and check with local leo and see if they can get some info on it..it maybe stolen too..idk..but for a bike to be sitting so long and not having anyone around messing with it raises flags.
+1

Maybe a theft, maybe somebody went broke and walked away, maybe someone died. Worth checking out; I would.

It's not the bike; it's the rider.
2012 Harley-Davidson 103 cu. in. FXDF; Stage 1 modifications, Vance & Hines exhaust, Harley-Davidson security system
'03 Honda 750 Shadow Spirit; '93 Yamaha 750 Virago

Ride bells by old dad and Ann
Lakota is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-05-2012, 02:38 PM   #6 (permalink)

I doubt theft. It is roped to the guardrail.

Does the car parked in the space ever move?

Deployment makes sense, in a way. I say that because of the rope. But, usually someone getting deployed will find a friend who would lend their garage or something.

It might just be a broke down bike and the owner hasn't spent the time to fix it yet. Always something happening.

Find the owner.

I can tell you that I've "found" things like this in my youth. Sometimes the owner is willing to just sign over the title for no cash.

I once got an AMC AMX that way.
Old 02-05-2012, 03:23 PM   #7 (permalink)

Garage

Hmm... I'll see what I can do about it. The parking lot has a code locked gate and is fenced all around. And, yes, the cars parked next to it, have been out and about from time to time.
There is probably a story buried in this. I will keep you posted.
"Don't ride faster than your guardian angel can fly..."
Bosse H is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-05-2012, 03:33 PM   #8 (permalink)

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
I doubt theft. It is roped to the guardrail.

Does the car parked in the space ever move?

Deployment makes sense, in a way. I say that because of the rope. But, usually someone getting deployed will find a friend who would lend their garage or something.

It might just be a broke down bike and the owner hasn't spent the time to fix it yet. Always something happening.

Find the owner.

I can tell you that I've "found" things like this in my youth. Sometimes the owner is willing to just sign over the title for no cash.

I once got an AMC AMX that way.
they tied it up cause they don't want someone to steal it from them.

2003 vlx 600

Freedom to ride is brought to us by the men and women who gave their lives serving our country and those who continue to serve.THANK YOU!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPHJFEcrHQ4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4h7AQArOCU
craig s. is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Shadow Forums : Shadow Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.