Tattoos and bikers. - Page 10 - Honda Shadow Forums : Shadow Motorcycle Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-04-2012, 01:36 PM   #91 (permalink)

Mine is a pierced wound on the inside of my right wrist. (pic when fresh). I want another but haven't decided on what. Took me 20 years to think of that one so I guess I better get busy.

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Motorcycle.com Free App
Attached Thumbnails
Tattoos and bikers.-uploadfromtaptalk1354646087646.jpg  

2007 Shadow Spirit 750
https://plus.google.com/photos/11591...CLzH_6iopOqyPQ
coreenleann is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-04-2012, 01:47 PM   #92 (permalink)

No Tatts for me just SCARS so far I have 9,,, 1" to 4" scars are LIKE tatts they to have a story behind each one, some funny some NOT so funny,, Most of mine were in the "line of duty" and like tatts some are "open to the public" for all the world to see...some covered by clothes.
in my line of work I see Tatts all the time ,,we have to log all your tatts when you get arrested,,the BEST one I ever saw was a "hooker" I arrested ( she beat up 2 "johns") she had tatts all over BUT she show me one I NEVER saw before ....it was kinda like a Tatt it was SCRIMSHAW she had a Tatt of a red rose with a green stem on her front tooth...Her "street name was Rose" I'll always remember ROSE
Officer friendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 02:18 PM   #93 (permalink)

Right forearm: "Non-Conforming Unit". I had to finally admit that I just don't fit.

GadgetBandit

GadgetBandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:40 PM   #94 (permalink)

I would like to ask a question about tattoos. I have nothing against them as all of my 8 uncles and my Dad have them. They are all Vets dating from WWII to Desert Storm and I'm a Vet as well. No big deal, however for the last 16yrs I have worked on a college campus and have noticed a large increase in visible tats and piercing on our students. Neck, face, hands, eyes nose, arms etc. I have yet to ask but often wonder, what is their major and where do they plan on working? Would I be out of touch to think many employers would frown on a visible tat or nose/eyebrow pierce?

Have any of you had employment problems or does your ink prevent you from applying for certain positions?

Thanks
rookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:52 PM   #95 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rookie View Post
I would like to ask a question about tattoos. I have nothing against them as all of my 8 uncles and my Dad have them. They are all Vets dating from WWII to Desert Storm and I'm a Vet as well. No big deal, however for the last 16yrs I have worked on a college campus and have noticed a large increase in visible tats and piercing on our students. Neck, face, hands, eyes nose, arms etc. I have yet to ask but often wonder, what is their major and where do they plan on working? Would I be out of touch to think many employers would frown on a visible tat or nose/eyebrow pierce?

Have any of you had employment problems or does your ink prevent you from applying for certain positions?

Thanks
Yes they do keep me from some opportunities, but the way I look at it is if they are that opposed to some one different than them than I don't want anything to do with them.

Sent from my PG86100 using Motorcycle.com App

86 VT700
roscoenr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 10:25 PM   #96 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by roscoenr View Post
Yes they do keep me from some opportunities, but the way I look at it is if they are that opposed to some one different than them than I don't want anything to do with them.

Great response, thanks
rookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 10:26 PM   #97 (permalink)

Quote:
Great response, thanks
Not a problem

86 VT700
roscoenr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 11:43 PM   #98 (permalink)

Quote:

Thanks
I'm pretty covered with tattoos and work in the IT industry. I am in management now and it hasn't stopped me from getting ahead. Tattoos are accepted in the industry I work in as there are more people with tattoos at my office than without.
Old 12-06-2012, 12:03 AM   #99 (permalink)

Quote:

Thanks
My job has a no visible tattoo policy. So I wear long sleeve shirts and long pants when I work.

Anyone with tats on the face and neck are NFOM. Not front office material. Jobs will be limited and fairly low pay. Hate to say that, but the puritanical origins of this country are still fairly deeply imbedded in most people's brains. I don't mind tattoos at all, except on the face, neck, and hands. I feel you should be able to cover them up when it is needed.

1994 Honda Shadow 600

2002 Honda VFR FI
mblosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 12:17 AM   #100 (permalink)

I work for the post office. They can't discriminate against tattoos as long as they are not offensive.

2001 spirit 1100 , vance and hines long shots, , a few other small mods. Now also with a mustang seat
dorfman17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement