Tattoos and bikers. - Page 13 - Honda Shadow Forums : Shadow Motorcycle Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-07-2012, 05:56 PM   #121 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkullCrusher View Post
Things are changing rookie, those people will go on to their chosen fields, succeed and eventually interview prispective employees with ink and think nothing of it. A good friend of mine is a bank executive and has full sleeves.
Yea, keep believing that.
It'll be a cold day in h3ll when this country elects a Senator or President with a full sleeve, a skull on the back of his hand, or his brand of cigarettes/beer/condoms in a bar code on his neck.

As long as you can keep any ink covered up, you can work anywhere. Get a dollar sign put on your forehead and the best job you're going to hold is trash picker on the County Jail work detail.

gat803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-07-2012, 06:30 PM   #122 (permalink)

I'm sure 20 years ago people like you said things like 'there will never be a black president' and 'decriminalization of marijuana? Never.'

My brother in law is a tattoo artist, he's inked judges, senators, lots of cops, executives, lawyers, and some high-ranking officials from dept of homeland security.

Tattoos: not just for whores and sailors anymore!
SkullCrusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 08:02 PM   #123 (permalink)

Quote:
I'm sure 20 years ago people like you...
People like me?

That's a pretty broad statement, considering you don't even know me. Judgement from some one that doesn't like being judged, is always funny.

gat803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 08:08 PM   #124 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by maninblack View Post
why would you think there is a problem ?

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App
As you can see based on the responses I believe there is still quite a few perceptions about tattoos and piercings. Yes there as been some acceptance but I'm thinking that many of these students that are spending thousands of dollars on an education and more money on face, hand, neck and other areas are possibly restricting their employment options. However the first response was the best, to paraphrase, would they really want to work with people with that attitude?

Sorry for the hijack.
rookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 08:31 PM   #125 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gat803 View Post
People like me?

That's a pretty broad statement, considering you don't even know me. Judgement from some one that doesn't like being judged, is always funny.
Right, I don't know you, just how you portray yourself through your posts. I never said anything judgemental about you, just lumped you in with other people who refuse to see the world change from their own narrow view.

Funny how you talk about judgement, after judging people with visible ink to be fit only to pick up garbage. You don't like tattoos? Fine, don't get one. Don't walk around judging people who have them to be incapable of success in today's society.
Old 12-07-2012, 08:38 PM   #126 (permalink)

Btw, according to 'hail to the tat: illustrated history of presidential ink' 35 of our country's presidents had tattoos.
Old 12-07-2012, 08:38 PM   #127 (permalink)

Garage
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCazes View Post
im native american by a decent bit so i started drawing up mine. heres what i have done so far in order from start to finish i dont have any of the inside of my bicep but it says "God grant me the serenity and wisdom to know the difference"
love the ink ,specially the bear, very nice
craftsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 08:41 PM   #128 (permalink)

Just for the record, my visible ink is on display every day at work. Now i would say i have a great job but its far from a bad one. And i am also in the public eye all day. I am a mail man for the usps and they had no issues hiring me with ink.

2001 spirit 1100 , vance and hines long shots, , a few other small mods. Now also with a mustang seat
dorfman17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 08:45 PM   #129 (permalink)

Quote:
Btw, according to 'hail to the tat: illustrated history of presidential ink' 35 of our country's presidents had tattoos.
How many had them on their faces ?

And before you attack me , I have 16 tattoos, but I also was a manger of a retail auto parts chain store. If i had two equally qualified applicants and one had a face tat and the other didn't, guess who got hired ?
Old 12-07-2012, 08:47 PM   #130 (permalink)

Garage

i wrk in major auto dealer brand, employment rule is all tatoos will b covered up if you deal directly with customers ( ie= salesmen , service advisors, finance manager, ect. technicians do not have to cover up=different social statice.) by the way im a tech and yes i do have a tat. owners rules, dont want to offend a potential customer. its about the money.
craftsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement