Honda Shadow Forums banner

What did you do to your bike today?

2M views 22K replies 1K participants last post by  Buckskin Bandit 
#1 · (Edited)
I picked up my painted parts and started assemballin the bike :)

#6,161 ·
Wanted to take a ride last night, but my wife was doing laundry and every pair of jeans that I own had just come out of the washer and into the dryer. I didn't want to wait an hour so I opened the dryer and put in a pair of sopping wet jeans. I figure it wouldn't take long to dry in the wind. About 30 minutes later, I noticed they were almost dry, then a pop up thunderstorm came out of no where and, bam! They were wet again. So, once I rode out of the storm, I had to ride another hour to get them dry again:D

True story.

#6,163 ·
Got the Dyna Beads in the front tire this morning. Nice having a 4 day weekend, time to get stuff done. They balanced the front tire perfectly just like the rear. All the ugly lead weights are history now.

The Dunlop rear tire didn't have as much mold release gunk on it as the Pirelli's seemed to have. It now has about 60 miles on it and looks and acts like it's scuffed in pretty good. Good to go...

#6,165 ·
Wanted to take a ride last night, but my wife was doing laundry and every pair of jeans that I own had just come out of the washer and into the dryer. I didn't want to wait an hour so I opened the dryer and put in a pair of sopping wet jeans. I figure it wouldn't take long to dry in the wind. About 30 minutes later, I noticed they were almost dry, then a pop up thunderstorm came out of no where and, bam! They were wet again. So, once I rode out of the storm, I had to ride another hour to get them dry again:D

True story.

Excuse's, excuse's. admit it you were going for a ride no matter what. Just kidding my friend, I have done the same thing knowing it was going to rain. :wink2:

#6,173 ·
Take trailer too!
She will be fine. May haveta let her drive for a while, ya know, you ride on back:)

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

Sheepskin for the wife seat came in, just in time. Got the trailer loaded for its maiden voyage. Heading out around 7am tomorrow on our way to Baton Rouge for the weekend. 350 miles one way should be good practice towing the trailer and a good test of that sheepskin. Adult beverages will be waiting on the other side :).

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

#6,178 ·
The weather has been great for riding all week so I've been enjoying the ride to work and back and then some breaking in the new Pirelli's. Mowing the grass can wait. :laugh:

#6,180 ·
I didn`t do nothing to mine today except get my riding gear off it...
I just returned Big Dogs to him after a couple of weeks of awaiting parts, changing tires, rear drive hub spline, rear brake pads and getting rid of the frontend "death wobble" Plus touched up on "Mooshies" in the rear...

Yeah, I took the curviest roads I could too...

He`ll be off work all weekend and will add miles to the odometer reading...

We`re going camping with ABATE @ exit 99 I-75 as we normally do...
Y`all come,
Dennis