Show me your 750 ACE windshields... - Honda Shadow Forums : Shadow Motorcycle Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-11-2012, 11:17 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Show me your 750 ACE windshields...

What windshield do you have on your 750 Aces? Brand/Model/Size? Quick Detach or Fixed Mount? Thinking about putting a windshield on my ACE and researching my options. I have an old National Cycle mount kit on the bike, but it's been discontinued and replaced. I could use it for a fixed mount but only with some modifications, so I'm not necessarily married to that brand. Show me some pictures of what ya got...

Thanks
bigblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-11-2012, 12:06 PM   #2 (permalink)

Garage

I like NC and have had a N2221 on the 95 1100 and a N2220 the 99 750 since new. I am surprised you cannot find a replacement windshield to fit your mounts since they havebeen the same for a long time.

gdb069 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 12:18 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdb069 View Post
I like NC and have had a N2221 on the 95 1100 and a N2220 the 99 750 since new. I am surprised you cannot find a replacement windshield to fit your mounts since they havebeen the same for a long time.

I probably didn't really make that clear, but yes I can use a National Cycle shield...modification would be the spacer dimensions. NC says the spacer length I have doesn't match what they use, so apparently previous owner might have used different spacers for something. Do you have the model numbers backwards? Isn't the N2221 "Lowboy" actually on the 750? That looks just like my mount...What is the length of your spacers & the mount-mount dimension on that windshield? Also, how tall are you? (I'm right at 6' tall & want to look over windshield, not thru it). Thanks

Last edited by bigblue; 07-11-2012 at 12:20 PM.
bigblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 05:49 PM   #4 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via MSN to SuperboyX

KlockWorx windshield and Tsukayu Fairing. Kind of a combination thing, but highly recommend it.

***HondaShadow.Net Patch Order Info***

SuperboyX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 06:57 PM   #5 (permalink)

My windshield is made by National Cycle but I have no idea what model or style. There is a number stamped on the bottom of the windshield but when I enter it on their site or Google it I cannot find anything. You can see a pic of it in my sig pic below. I kinda think the previous owner modified it to fit an ACE. It has a couple of openings above the turn signals. It looks good and does a great job, but the "glass" is starting to show it's age and would like to eventually replace it but I cannot find the exact one.

Last edited by SkullJaxson; 07-11-2012 at 07:16 PM.
SkullJaxson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 07:13 PM   #6 (permalink)

My wind deflector is from National Cycle, a quick release.

bluedad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 04:54 PM   #7 (permalink)

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigblue View Post
I... Isn't the N2221 "Lowboy" actually on the 750? That looks just like my mount...What is the length of your spacers & the mount-mount dimension on that windshield? Also, how tall are you? (I'm right at 6' tall & want to look over windshield, not thru it). Thanks
Of course I triple checked the part numbers and then typed them in reversed !! The Low Boy I am definitely looking over the top (I am 5'10). The Custom I was looking through and had to modify it dropping about 4". The Lowboy mounting kit is KIT-JA and you can probably just buy the pieces you need. The installation instructions shows the spacers sizes here: http://www.nationalcycle.com/ispl/10-113997-000.pdf

G.
gdb069 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement