Cager not yielding - Page 3 - Honda Shadow Forums : Shadow Motorcycle Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-05-2012, 04:11 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theja1 View Post
I've booted a couple plus pulled up beside one at a light and punched off his side mirror. Now, I do this when I'm in a situation where I can put a car or two between us after. Also, I always have a .40 cal strapped to my ankle under my jeans if they want to make it personal. Attachment 8553

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
So exactly how is putting a dent in a vehicle or breaking off a mirror NOT personal? Honest mistakes do happen, they happen every day on about every mile of public road. Guaranteed if you were to dent one of my vehicles or break something off because you’re pissed you'll need to see exactly how fast you can get your little ankle pistol out and get a round or two barked off.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-05-2012, 04:21 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by squidchief View Post
So exactly how is putting a dent in a vehicle or breaking off a mirror NOT personal? Honest mistakes do happen, they happen every day on about every mile of public road. Guaranteed if you were to dent one of my vehicles or break something off because you’re pissed you'll need to see exactly how fast you can get your little ankle pistol out and get a round or two barked off.
I think the cager getting a little, easy to pop out dent or losing a $150 piece of the car as a reminder to LOOK before changing lanes or what-not a pretty even trade off.

As for the pitol, I've practiced in an abandon parking lot a buddy of mine owns some and I can get it out and fire round 1 within 5 seconds...while the bike is moving.

I don't look for trouble...I just choose to be ready for it when it comes.
Theja1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 05:18 PM   #23 (permalink)

I had a guy last week look at me dead in the eyes in his side view mirror and STILL cut in front of me. So, I pulled up next to him, punched his mirror and broke it, and when he said "HEY!" I said "What? Its not like you f**king USE the thing, do you? You just looked right at me and nearly ran me over anyway. So suck it." And I rode off.

Yesterday, three blocks from home, old black lady cuts me off and I had to slam on the brakes to avoid giving her a motorcycle enema. Then she looks at me and smiles and says "sorry" as if that is going to somehow make up for the fact that you nearly killed me.

People are freaking oblivious. I agree with Theja1 on this - perhaps it will serve as a reminder to look next time. If not, it made me feel better after nearly crapping myself due to someone else's either lack of attention or downright assholedness. They get what they deserve.
2003 Victory Vegas - 92 cu. in., Mustang seat, straight pipes, K&N filter, remapped ECU, powder coated wheels/foot controls/hand controls/handlebars/ rear pulley/rear luggage rack. Digital speedo/tach with powder coated housing.

Last edited by So-Crates; 11-05-2012 at 05:21 PM.
So-Crates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 05:18 PM   #24 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to gypsy

think... "no one can see you but the cops". also as wc fields said "never give a sucker an even break". use your throttle. somewhere between being a hells angel and a girlscout there is an appropriate response.
gypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 05:19 PM   #25 (permalink)

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theja1 View Post
I think the cager getting a little, easy to pop out dent or losing a $150 piece of the car as a reminder to LOOK before changing lanes or what-not a pretty even trade off.

As for the pitol, I've practiced in an abandon parking lot a buddy of mine owns some and I can get it out and fire round 1 within 5 seconds...while the bike is moving.

I don't look for trouble...I just choose to be ready for it when it comes.
FIVE seconds??.....Hmmmmm at only 40MPH that would be about 75Yds..I think, no I am sure. Chief or I could have your bike wheels up in the median in less than 2 seconds and 30 yards if you damaged my vehicle.....5 seconds isn't good enough. Better get a mount for the 40 cal.

Hondaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 05:34 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaguy View Post
FIVE seconds??.....Hmmmmm at only 40MPH that would be about 75Yds..I think, no I am sure. Chief or I could have your bike wheels up in the median in less than 2 seconds and 30 yards if you damaged my vehicle.....5 seconds isn't good enough. Better get a mount for the 40 cal.
I think you need to put you glasses on and re-read my original post. Note the part that says I only do this in a situation I can get a couple cars between us right after.

What that means (seems like I have to explain this), is right after the kick or whatever, that car is blocked in and I can split or go around the cars in front of it. So, now I'm away from the person that tried to kill me and now is pissed at me. Usually on a motorcycle, at the point with separation, you can get away.

Sorry that for some reason this hurt your feelings. Don't think my pistol would hit you 2500 miles away so you are safe sweet heart.

Natchez Trace - July 4 & 5 2013
Old 11-05-2012, 05:39 PM   #27 (permalink)

Hondaguy, I guess you are a bit closer😉. Thought that was posted by squidie. Still, ur safe in SC.

Old 11-05-2012, 10:32 PM   #28 (permalink)

Well Theja1, that seems like a real a real chickenshit response. From what I understand from your posts, if someone scares you, you'll try to damage their vehicle but only if you think you can safely run away and not get caught. If for some reason you're not so lucky, you practice driving around in a parking lot pulling your concealed weapon so you'll be able to shoot the guy if he takes any of your actions "personally". Did I get that right?
Not sure why you felt the need to resort to start the name calling ... "squidie" and "sweet heart". You don't know me, nor do you know anything about me but you sound like most other people that run around bragging about their concealed weapons... a unique blend of coward and blowhard. I'm pretty sure I'd be safe around you even if I lived next door.
The point of my original post is if you get on the back of a bike, you have to take what comes with it. You have to accept the consequences of your actions. Someone does something that upsets you and you resort to attempting to damage their vehicle, you must accept the consequences of your actions. If you were to get off your bike and confront the motorist, then I might have some respect for you but to do something only to sneak away afterwards... well..... There are still some people out here that feel being flipped off by someone is a sign of disrespect and won't stand for it... I'm one of them. If someone flips me off, or even worse, kicks my vehicle, I will do everything in my power to follow that person and make them accept the consequences of their actions.
Old 11-05-2012, 10:48 PM   #29 (permalink)

This whole event is a non issue. You saw what was happening and acted on it.
Crap happens to most of us every time we ride.

Giving the finger, yelling, kicking in doors....that will certainly give that driver a much more enlightened view of anyone on two wheels.
Old 11-05-2012, 11:04 PM   #30 (permalink)

Squid, the point is not getting killed. If I'm going to retaliate on a bike, I'd rather be able to make my point and NOT get run over...since that is why this started to begin with, someone trying to run over me. Not sneaking away, it's being realistic.

Not sure what obsession with your obsession with the pistol is. I NEVER want to have to pull it out, but I have had to once and unfortunately that guy will never have the opportunity to make a BETTER decision.

I have no issue with pulling over and settling anything man on man, BUT in the States, you never know what people have on them. I tend to sway towards the safe side and not bring a knife to a gun fight.

You started this, not me. I posted my opinion which some have agreed with. And you decided to attack me. Not sure how things are where you are from, but here, we don't play.

I have no interest in ever having ANY issues while on the road, but I plan on being able to deal with any issues that may arise.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement