To wave, or not to wave? - Page 5 - Honda Shadow Forums : Shadow Motorcycle Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-15-2012, 02:24 PM   #41 (permalink)

If I can see them coming thru the traffic or up the road, I will usually have my hand out as we pass by to wave....whether they do it or not doesn't matter to me. I figure if they aren't into the wave then maybe by me giving them one it might change their mind for the next bike they see.
Advertisement

Old 11-16-2012, 11:22 AM   #42 (permalink)

I usually wave unless I'm busy or not paying attention. Bu then I'm a nice guy. Most people wave back.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App
Obedient2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 09:57 PM   #43 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgelphman View Post
wave (on straightaways) or nod head or lift fingers on left hand (if in turn) ... depends on what the situation is. Coming from the boating world it is the same thing. A brotherhood. I do play a game in my head and guess whether the other rider will acknowledge me or not based on their look and bike.
Never thought of that but I am in the boating world also and everyone waves. Boaters don't care what you're in they always wave.
On the bike I only wave to Gold Wings and BMW's, because I know it pisses them off.

1990 VT1100C
1996 ROAD KING
sjef is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 10:48 PM   #44 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjef View Post
I am in the boating world also and everyone waves. Boaters don't care what you're in they always wave.
No, they don't.
I lived on a large chain of lakes for 6 years and I've had boats for 30....and I don't wave to other boaters, around here most boaters don't. It's just silly. Look! You're in a boat, I'm in a boat. HI!!!!!

gat803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 05:26 AM   #45 (permalink)

Most around here seem to wave, One I was really surprised, You know how how people are stripping there bikes to make bobbers Well this guy was on the real deal. A true bobber originally was a bike pieced together out of junk bikes to get a bike that's ridable and usually just had the bare essentials to ride, Well this guy was on one of those and he looked and beat up as the bike, Old HD pieced together out of spare parts, AND he made Crazy Dave look like a business man with long hair and beard, Well when I first passed hin going the other way he was turning and did NOT return the wave and I never gave it a second thought, About a hour later I was headed back and stopped at a gas station near where I passed him, As I pulled in I notice him pulling in from the other side of the station and we both gassed up and he struck up a conversation and I must say he was one nice friendly guy. He actually DID just piece the bike together with what ever parts he could get his hands on to get his early 70's HD road worthy and he was happy as a clam. So don't judge them by the looks. He was obviously turning earlier so didn't wave but he made a point to say hello just because we were both riding. He also liked my bike LOL.

Dauntae

I laugh in the face of danger, then I hide until it goes away

The book of John Hopkins map
http://www.travellerspoint.com/membe.../tripid/365293
Dauntae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 05:30 AM   #46 (permalink)

Hi!
justinmahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 12:16 PM   #47 (permalink)

Unless I don't see you, I wave at all 2 and three wheelers, even scooters and mopeds. I find that the sport bikers are the ones that don't wave back the most.

08 Ktm 690 SMC
03 Honda Shadow 750 ACE
RIDETHEREJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 04:14 PM   #48 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIDETHEREJK View Post
Unless I don't see you, I wave at all 2 and three wheelers, even scooters and mopeds. I find that the sport bikers are the ones that don't wave back the most.
That's because most of them are too afraid to let go of the bars LOL

I laugh in the face of danger, then I hide until it goes away

The book of John Hopkins map
http://www.travellerspoint.com/membe.../tripid/365293
Dauntae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 05:03 PM   #49 (permalink)

Garage

Sometimes there are just too many bikers and I can't wave at all of them! I thought about getting a yellow glove and mount it to my bars on a spring so it's waving all the time! At times I'll just do a thumb up from the grip!
lazyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 05:39 PM   #50 (permalink)

I don't get "waves", I get two fingers pointed toward the ground.
I think we would look rather silly out there all leathered up, hard core and bad to the bone waving like a bunch of gurls...(and I am a girl!)

They say laughter is the best medicine. Unless you are laughing ALL the time, then you probably need some REAL medicine, you freak.

shadowmaker07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement