I miss you guys! - Honda Shadow Forums : Shadow Motorcycle Forum

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-10-2012, 08:24 PM   #1 (permalink)

Red face I miss you guys!

Well, since I sold the Shadow and bought an Electra Glide, I've been on hdforums.com.

Wow, what a bunch of racist rednecks. I'm not saying they're all like that, but most are.

When I was here I never saw anything like what's allowed over there. Anyways, I got into it by calling someone on a blatantly racist remark and I just got jumped on.

Anyways, I miss the intelligence over here. I'm going to start cruising here again, screw that macho, n*&%er hating, gun toting crap.

Oh yeah, I don't think they were happy about the election results. It sounds like the world is about to end over there.

Thanks for letting me vent. Hope to talk to you all sooner than later.

2003 Harley Davidson Electra Glide Classic
2006 Honda Shadow Aero VT750 - Sold
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-10-2012, 08:28 PM   #2 (permalink)

brother i dont care what you ride just throw your leg over and have fun and be safe
Old 11-10-2012, 08:36 PM   #3 (permalink)

I know, that's why I miss you guys! lol

The bike is a way better fit for my wife and I, but I just can't get into the mindset of most of these "HOG" riders. Most, not all.

Maybe I'm just way too liberal.

Old 11-10-2012, 08:40 PM   #4 (permalink)

Welcome back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
As you already know, right here, we agree to disagree from time to time, mostly respectiful. As far as the election, happy or not with the results, this is one place that I never saw anything about the elections, WOW what a break, I'm just glad all the ads are OVER.
Welcome back and "ride your own ride".
Old 11-10-2012, 08:46 PM   #5 (permalink)

Welcome back,, I'm kid of new here but have been on Gold Wing board for many years, some of them are so bull headed and opinionated it makes you sick, this board is one of the friendliest ones around

IF YOU ARE BORN ONCE YOU WILL DIE TWICE
IF YOU ARE BORN TWICE YOU WILL DIE ONCE
Old 11-10-2012, 09:05 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe in calif View Post
Welcome back,, I'm kid of new here but have been on Gold Wing board for many years, some of them are so bull headed and opinionated it makes you sick, this board is one of the friendliest ones around
Yeah, it really is. I took it for granted thinking all bikers were just about riding. Well, that sure is not the case. I'm still getting trolled over there for calling them out on a racist post. Tip, don't do that on a Harley board. lol

Old 11-10-2012, 09:16 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_Dogg80 View Post
I'm still getting trolled over there for calling them out on a racist post. Tip, don't do that on a Harley board. lol
Considering that in that thread, you were the first one to play the race card about a post that I didn't see as racist....and you got your azz handed to you for the follow up comments....

I hang sometimes on HDforums, and the guys there are no worse or better than the guys here. You got beat on for a less than brilliant comment. We've all done it. Take your beating like a man and move on.

Old 11-10-2012, 09:50 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gat803 View Post
Considering that in that thread, you were the first one to play the race card about a post that I didn't see as racist....and you got your azz handed to you for the follow up comments....

I hang sometimes on HDforums, and the guys there are no worse or better than the guys here. You got beat on for a less than brilliant comment. We've all done it. Take your beating like a man and move on.
That's fair Gat, thanks. I will. I wish it wasn't snowing up here so I could get out and ride instead of being on these boards more often than not anyways.

I honestly can't understand how no one could view that as racist, and I won't understand it I guess. Like you said, I'm just gonna take my licks and move on.

Old 11-10-2012, 09:56 PM   #9 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to Socom Bear Send a message via Yahoo to Socom Bear

While I would normally agree with Gat, I would respectfully disagree in this case. The important point is that T-Dogg perceives it as racist, which by definition makes it racist in our neck of the woods.

It is not necessarily the comment in itself that may be racist, but how it is perceived as being intended or meant. And therein lies the area the very large grey area ... perception. It can change in a heartbeat.

I had the unusual experience of watching my own perception change within seconds within the last two weeks. Information became available shortly after a hockey game ... as a goalie, I pride myself on maintaining a very respectable goals against average as an amateur. One player owned me during the game scoring 5 out of 8 shots ... my perspective was rather negative until I was informed that this player had played three seasons at the NHL level ... very quickly I was pleased that I actually stopped the SOB 3 times.

Perception. It will bite you in the a$$ at every opportunity.

Of course, this is only my humble opinion and is not intended to be offensive ... which in itself is quite abnormal for me.

'04 Shadow Aero 750
Black/Black Cherry
Old 11-10-2012, 10:09 PM   #10 (permalink)

The past few days I've been trying to see if I was the only one that felt this way about this. But since Gat posted, I'm just going to give up trying to understand. I realize I will never understand. We come from very different countries, with very different views on multiculturalism. It's not worth coming across as an *******, which I really don't want to do.

It just gets frustrating sometimes on these forums - I think we all feel that from time to time.

Anyways, thanks again guys.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread