buying first bike - Page 2 - Honda Shadow Forums : Shadow Motorcycle Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-17-2012, 11:05 AM   #11 (permalink)

Price is way too high. I bought an 07 shadow aero 3 weeks ago for 4500. Only had 1600 miles and all the extras.

Sent from my PC36100 using Motorcycle.com Free App
Heel/toe shifter
DarkAero is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-17-2012, 11:31 AM   #12 (permalink)

Location: Tredegar,South Wales, near England, not far from Scotland.

Everyone else says the price is too high so..Are you paying cash, do you have to finance it, if you find that it is a lousy bike that needs a few hundred dollars to keep it running after three months, how much money are you going to lose, are you rich enough to spend this money and just walk away from it if you fall over and damage it, is this going to be your only form of transport?

These are questions only you can answer..

My first bike cost $15 and I rode it until it exploded under me, I learned a lot and walked away and left it in a ditch with no real regrets..

John.
Old 11-17-2012, 11:58 AM   #13 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to Fat Kid

I personally would pass this offer - on a starter bike you don't need to spend a lot but $3500 is a reasonable price for good bike.

Also advice from the look on my mistake - always buy bike with extraz! Cuz they cost you ton of money!

'04 Aero 750 | '02 VTX1800R
Fat Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 11:57 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Hopkins View Post
Everyone else says the price is too high so..Are you paying cash, do you have to finance it, if you find that it is a lousy bike that needs a few hundred dollars to keep it running after three months, how much money are you going to lose, are you rich enough to spend this money and just walk away from it if you fall over and damage it, is this going to be your only form of transport?

These are questions only you can answer..

My first bike cost $15 and I rode it until it exploded under me, I learned a lot and walked away and left it in a ditch with no real regrets..

John.
What the hell happened John? lol
invalidsession is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 08:58 AM   #15 (permalink)

Location: Tredegar,South Wales, near England, not far from Scotland.

Quote:
Originally Posted by invalidsession View Post
What the hell happened John? lol
No big deal, in those days the bikes had a large diameter spark plug that we had to keep removing, cleaning and refitting due to the old Villiers two stroke engine and the self mixed fuel, eventually the thread just wore out and one day on a ride the sparkplug shot out of the top of the engine, hit the tank and bounced off out of sight..Not unusual in those days..Another engine known to explode was the Ariel square four, the 1000cc four in line engine was made from aluminum and when the centre pots reach a certain temperature the aluminum walls of the engine disintegrated around them while the shaft kept moving.

John.
Advertisement