Tires? - Page 2 - Honda Shadow Forums : Shadow Motorcycle Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-19-2012, 02:05 PM   #11 (permalink)

Thanks for the info. Especially the pics DRVMN. I see the wear bars on my back tire, but not as much as in your pic. My tires are the stock Dunlaps. I saw a Harley the other day with a huge back tire. Anyone ever try that with a Shadow? I have no idea what tires to buy. Avon Venom, Metzler 880, is it just a matter of brand name?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Motorcycle.com Free App
Dannosarusrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2012, 02:38 PM   #12 (permalink)

6000 miles could easily wear out a set of tires. Of course that depends on a number of things; how you ride, do you keep the tire properly inflated, etc.
vzshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 07:59 PM   #13 (permalink)

Location: Tredegar,South Wales, near England, not far from Scotland.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannosarusrex View Post
Thanks for the info. Especially the pics DRVMN. I see the wear bars on my back tire, but not as much as in your pic. My tires are the stock Dunlaps. I saw a Harley the other day with a huge back tire. Anyone ever try that with a Shadow? I have no idea what tires to buy. Avon Venom, Metzler 880, is it just a matter of brand name?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Motorcycle.com Free App
If you ride in all conditions you need tires that are safe when you lean into a curve..I have never used Metzlers but they have a very good name on this and other forums..
I buy Avons, I not only feel safe when I hit the twisties, I feel comfortable and enjoy the lean, I know the bike is going to pull out ok because it always has before..However you don't get anything for nothing, my tires get the correct pressures, the wheels are balanced, and I have worn them in before I lean at speeds or in the wet..

I have fallen off a few bikes in the past but in all the years I don't remember ever falling off a bike with Avons..

I shouldn't have said that..I'll probably fall off my next ride with Avons..

John.
Old 11-19-2012, 08:11 PM   #14 (permalink)

I have Avon Venoms right now (white wall), other than that I run Kenda Kruz 657. I have them on my touring and my cruisers, and have ZERO complaints. i am not alone. Google the tire.
They are a great tire at a great price
barncat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 07:36 PM   #15 (permalink)

At 7950 miles the original tires on my 2007 Spirit 750 had tiny cracks between the tread. The tread depth was still safe to ride.
But no tire with issues is safe so I replaced them with Metzler 880's
Advertisement