Are you Brand Loyal? - Honda Shadow Forums : Shadow Motorcycle Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-18-2012, 08:48 PM   #1 (permalink)

Garage
Default Are you Brand Loyal?

It seems no matter what motorcycle forum I'm on,there seems to be a lot of bashing of other brands! I've had several bikes in my years of riding and I'll ride just about anything with two wheels and an engine! I've only had one bike that I consider junk and that was an NSU! I do draw the line with scooters but who knows,the time may come! Are you Brand Loyal or will you ride just about anything?
lazyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-18-2012, 08:53 PM   #2 (permalink)

Garage

I have ridden just about everything.If I like it I like it.I have had Hondas,Yamaha's and Suzuki's and rode the Crap out of my Friends Kawasaki and a few Harleys also.Why Limit yourself to Just one Brand.Kinda Like only dating Brunettes
Old 11-18-2012, 09:12 PM   #3 (permalink)

Yes and no, some bikes are simply out of my price range, BMW, Triumph, etc.
I looked at a VStrom 650 yesterday, and thought it was the greatest bike ever made, until I saw it requires maintenance every 3500 miles.
So until someone else offers reliability and convenience of a Honda, I'm sticking with it.

But I don't have anything philosophical against other brands. I appreciate all motorcycles.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPad app
tmoldovan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 09:19 PM   #4 (permalink)

I love all two wheelers...and have had a few of the brands..But i fell in love with honda bikes at a young age...so i would consider myself loyal..i also live by the old saying
(IT'S NOT WHAT YOU RIDE BUT IF)
Old 11-18-2012, 09:29 PM   #5 (permalink)

I've owned many bikes from all of the big four in Japan, two makers from England, one maker from Canada, and one maker from the USA. My scooter was made in China.

I own and ride what I like. I don't like corporations, I like motorcycles.

gat803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 10:02 PM   #6 (permalink)

Not even remotely brand loyal to anything. I get whatever i think best suits my needs regardless of brand in regards to everything in my life.

That said, there are some brands i won't touch no matter what. Apple for instance, rca is another. When it comes to motorcycles i wouldn't touch a suzuki or a BMW.
vandinroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 10:31 PM   #7 (permalink)

Ride anything.

2007 Honda Sabre 1100
spudbuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 10:48 PM   #8 (permalink)

Right now I ride anything as long as it is a Honda. Own 3 of them at this time.

2007 VT750C2
2006 VTX 1800C3
2007 CMX 250

rjtmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 12:23 AM   #9 (permalink)

Garage

There's not a brand out there that dominates across all positions, displacements, and purposes. Even if one did for a couple of years that's no reason to rule out decades of other machines. So... no.

It wouldn't do anybody any good if I were loyal to a brand anyway. I only buy used bikes and thus I don't actually support the company I decide to put between my legs and fart on.
ZackDaniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 01:42 AM   #10 (permalink)

Not really brand loyal, at least not to the point where I'll blindly buy a particular brand just well, because.

Still, If I have a good experience as a Honda owner (and so far, I have) I'd be inclined to get another one in the future, assuming they're still making something I want*

So I may remain faithful to Honda, but I'm lusting in my heart for a Triumph Bonneville. I'd even consider a HD Sportster. Not many others.

*I have no desire for a bike over 750cc, but engine inflation disease still seems rampant.

Menhir is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement