Motorcycle Clubs - Honda Shadow Forums : Shadow Motorcycle Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-20-2012, 07:27 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Motorcycle Clubs

Do any of you belong to any motorcycle clubs? And if so, how did you find out about it and join. I am interested in joining a club but don't know of any in my area.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Motorcycle.com Free App
Dannosarusrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-20-2012, 08:00 PM   #2 (permalink)

I was a patch holder in a club out of Akron Ohio.called "big wheels". I joined because none of my friends had bikes, I wanted buddies to ride with, and they were a family oriented club that raised a lot of money to buy Xmas presents for poor kids in the community.

What they actually were was a way for the national charter president to keep his bar full. These people only got on their bikes to ride to the bar and drink. We would do poker runs and stuff like that, which is just an excuse to start drinking at 9am on a Sunday. I got tired of them pretty quick, and due to my work schedule (4-midnight on a 6 day rolling week) I wasn't able to make a lot of the events. Eventually they threw out their own bylaws and elected a guy vice president who hadn't served long enough with a patch to be elected to any position. They started making us sell raffle tickets for raffles thay never actuay happened (bar was losing $, had to get it somewhere). I was eventually drummed out for spending too much time at work and with my girlfriend. A few weeks later a rival club and known affiliate club of the hells angles stormed the bar, beat a few guys up, stripped every patch they could.find and notified them that they were no.longer a club.

This was my experience with an mc, your mileage may vary but I personnally see them as stupid. You probably have a riding group in your home state, here we have ohioriders.net, I'm sure there is a similar group in your area, google around.
SkullCrusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 08:05 PM   #3 (permalink)

Look for a riding group. Don't join a club of any sort. Clubs just want your money.You are not a 1%'r.

1994 Honda Shadow 600

2002 Honda VFR FI
mblosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 08:08 PM   #4 (permalink)

Go to meetup.com and type in motorcycle groups.. you will find a ton of groups to ride with in your area

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Motorcycle.com Free App
ers526 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 08:16 PM   #5 (permalink)

There are clubs for most of the major brands, Honda Riders Club is one, that have chapters all over the country and probaly have one near you. There are also religious clubs like The Reserection Life Riders if that floats your boat. Or if your a vetern The Patriot Guard is a pretty good group of guys.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Motorcycle.com Free App
HardRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 08:23 PM   #6 (permalink)
mlr

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mblosch View Post
Look for a riding group. Don't join a club of any sort. Clubs just want your money.You are not a 1%'r.
just because he wants to join a club dose not make him a 1%. most clubs are not 1%

2004 Honda Shadow Aero 750
mlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 08:41 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardRock View Post
Or if your a vetern The Patriot Guard is a pretty good group of guys.
The Patriot Guard Riders are not an MC or an RC. You may meet people to ride with thru the PGR, though. And, you don't have to be a veteran to join/stand/ride.

PGR member #15305

gat803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 08:44 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardRock View Post
The Patriot Guard is a pretty good group of guys.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Motorcycle.com Free App
I had given serious consideration to this. I think it a very noble cause, unfortunately they do very few rides around here.

'92 VLX VT600C
AKA "Myrtle"
RIP
Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 08:57 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlr View Post
just because he wants to join a club dose not make him a 1%. most clubs are not 1%
You are right. But most pretend they are. Look at the dimwads that buy Sons of Anarchy crap, and wear it.

1994 Honda Shadow 600

2002 Honda VFR FI
mblosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 09:15 PM   #10 (permalink)

Don't know your age but the GWRRA is open to all makes and models of bikes. Mostly retired or close to it.