Go pro? - Honda Shadow Forums : Shadow Motorcycle Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-20-2012, 08:20 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Go pro?

I have been riding on the back of my husbands bike for years and have recently gotten my own bike and loving evrything about riding my own, the only thing I REALLY miss is being able to take pictures and capture really awesome shots. I am thinking about getting the gopro camera with either a handlebar mount or a helmet mount. Does anyone have a gopro and would you recomend one? What assesories would you recomend and would it really be worth the money? Safety is #1. No photo in the world would be worth an accident. Any recomendations or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Motorcycle.com Free App
ers526 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-20-2012, 09:01 PM   #2 (permalink)

It's been my experience that during potentially dangerous activities, any camera, either focused on you or your point of view, are hazards. I never tried anything other than stopping to take a still photo in regards to riding. This is because after years of extreme sports, I have found cameras inflate the ego, and reduce inhibitions. Everyone, has a little bit of badass in them, and it loves to show off for the record. Want proof, it's all over youtube. Maybe that's just me.
My 2.

'92 VLX VT600C
AKA "Myrtle"
RIP
Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 10:41 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight View Post
It's been my experience that during potentially dangerous activities, any camera, either focused on you or your point of view, are hazards. I never tried anything other than stopping to take a still photo in regards to riding. This is because after years of extreme sports, I have found cameras inflate the ego, and reduce inhibitions. Everyone, has a little bit of badass in them, and it loves to show off for the record. Want proof, it's all over youtube. Maybe that's just me.
My 2.

'92 VLX VT600C
AKA "Myrtle"
RIP
Why would a camera that is running on it's own be dangerous. Chances are those Utube video riders would be a problem, camera or no camera. The Gopro cameras are the best action camera's out there.
jpr1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 11:49 AM   #5 (permalink)

Garage

I run a Contour Roam mounted on the handlebars. Just turn it on (really big slide button) and forget about it until the ride is done. Takes great video!
Old 11-21-2012, 12:31 PM   #6 (permalink)

I usually commute with my gopro (see my thread from earlier today), I have it mounted on my helmet. During cool scenic rides ill turn it on and just have it set to take a picture every 2 seconds, hands free and completely thoughtless...but every now and then something cool comes along.

N736RA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 02:13 PM   #7 (permalink)

Does the contour rosm tske still shots as well?
Old 11-21-2012, 02:14 PM   #8 (permalink)

Which go pro do you have? I love the idea of being able to set it to take a still shot evey few seconds

Old 11-21-2012, 02:22 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ers526 View Post
Which go pro do you have? I love the idea of being able to set it to take a still shot evey few seconds

I still have the original Hero, and I think they're up to the Hero 3 now, they all do the same things the 2 and 3 just better and better. You can also change the interval of the shots, on mine I can do every 2, 5, 10, 30, or 60 seconds.

N736RA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 02:36 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by N736RA View Post
I still have the original Hero, and I think they're up to the Hero 3 now, they all do the same things the 2 and 3 just better and better. You can also change the interval of the shots, on mine I can do every 2, 5, 10, 30, or 60 seconds.
yes they are up to Hero 3 top of the line is 400 buck! Im thinking i can get one of the cheaper ones and just set it to record at video and a still every few seconds like you said. how easy are they to turn off while riding and how is the quality? which helmet mount did you purchase?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement