sons of Anarchy swag - Page 3 - Honda Shadow Forums : Shadow Motorcycle Forum

View Poll Results: Sons of anarchy swag
Yes I did 6 6.25%
No I have not 90 93.75%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-21-2012, 06:31 AM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDM View Post
Being the ride leader/organizer is one thing, if he had just been a member in the group it would be another.

Even if is was the ride leader, the idea that he said that to people rubs me the wrong way.
As I'm a Road Captain for my "group", on a ride you either do what I tell you or you get your happy a$$ out of the group. As a rider in another group, I'll simply bow out if I see some wannabe jackwad endangering the rest of the riders with his idiocy. You may not like it but that's the way it is.
ukshadowrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-21-2012, 06:51 AM   #22 (permalink)

I watch the show and love it. I do have SOA merchandise that I wear. I have a toque, a hoodie and a t-shirt. I wear the hoodie a lot as it is comfortable and keeps me warm. Wearing these is no different then wearing a Rolling Stones or Motley Crue t-shirt... I don't think that I am in the band when I wear these just like when I wear SOA gear it doesn't give me the mentality that I am in a gang. Just like when I wear a Batman t-shirt as hard as I try... alas... I am not Batman. With that said I won't go out and buy a vest and patch it all up like the SOA. People are going to buy the merchandise of the things they like... hockey jerseys, football jerseys, band shirts etc. It doesn't mean all of that stuff is crap either.
Old 11-21-2012, 06:58 AM   #23 (permalink)

I watch the SONS and love the show, and I have a t-shirt but I don't wear the t-shirt when I ride. I also wouldn't be mad if someone on a group ride wanted to wear their SONS gear

Bro Cater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 07:13 AM   #24 (permalink)
PDM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PA Dave View Post
I wouldn't want to ride with someone decked out as a fake 1%r, and it's appropriate for a ride leader to ask them to remove the gear or ride separately from the group.
Thus, what I said in my previous post: Being the ride leader/organizer is one thing, if he had just been a member in the group it would be another.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshadowrider View Post
As I'm a Road Captain for my "group", on a ride you either do what I tell you or you get your happy a$$ out of the group. As a rider in another group, I'll simply bow out if I see some wannabe jackwad endangering the rest of the riders with his idiocy. You may not like it but that's the way it is.
Yet again: Being the ride leader/organizer is one thing, if he had just been a member in the group it would be another.

Also, you shouldn't be equating wearing SOA clothing with endangering the rest of the riders. In my opinion wearing SOA clothing is about as dangerous as wearing red or blue clothing, it could get you shot but the chances are remote at best.

PDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 07:33 AM   #25 (permalink)

I've seen every episode, and own zero merch. I chuckle when I see people playing the part, but who I am I to cast judgement. It's no different the WWF gear or A sports Jersey.

I am part of a Motorcycle Assc/club and I display colors, If you had asked me to leave your ride, I would have, but not without me giving an explanation.

I see your point with the SOA, but most Assc or Clubs communicate to each other where/when colors are permitted. We always makes sure that the club that "controls" the turf, is ok with us. We also check with local LEO on the permission of colors.
I'm not saying that to toot my own horn, but to let you know that MOST clubs will do little to nothing about another patch in their turf, so the likely hood of a fake club is even less.
barncat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 07:53 AM   #26 (permalink)

Never seen the show, and if I were to follow some show I'd probably be more incline to buy a phase canon than a patch. lol

Stratoliner
Shadow Spirit VT1100
Honda 919/CB900F
Kawasaki ZR7S
Honda CB360

VFW, Post 2391
Patriot Guard Rider #92075
Scuba77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 09:26 AM   #27 (permalink)

I have never watched the show so I have none of the logos. I have seen them no big deal. I have a few pins on my jacket no patches. If I was asked to remove a pin, patch or color for the safety of the group I would. I'm not trying to look like something I'm not but I do wear what I like.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App
Old 11-21-2012, 09:39 AM   #28 (permalink)

I like the show , but I also like 2 Broke Girls ,, I'm not going to wear a waitress uniform either .
Old 11-21-2012, 10:28 AM   #29 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to gypsy

no one would take it seriously, not even folks who wear real colors. its a fun show that my daughter turned me on to... she is a school teacher. its sooo overstated. i used to wear a vest plastered with vn vet patches with many pins, it was my colors. i have ridden solo for a couple of decades across a lot of territory and being edgy can be a benefit and a safety. but SOA?? not so much. but hey, smile... live and let live.
gypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 12:08 PM   #30 (permalink)

Garage

I have all the episodes on my media system but dont own any of their swag nor would I own or wear any. I am not a "wanna be".