sons of Anarchy swag - Page 4 - Honda Shadow Forums : Shadow Motorcycle Forum

View Poll Results: Sons of anarchy swag
Yes I did 6 6.25%
No I have not 90 93.75%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-21-2012, 01:25 PM   #31 (permalink)

This has been a topic of discussion for a few years with my buddies that I ride with, and actually, friends that don't ride either, lol.

As for me, I've seen the first season and part of the second on Netflix and I own zero merchandise. There were some guys at work that talked about the show and I figured I would give it a chance and in all actuality, it's not a bad show at all. But personally, I wouldn't wear any of the garb that goes with it, riding or not.

Now the reason it's a big topic around my inner circle of friends/co workers, is that we have a guy in our group that will dress from head to toe in SoA gear, even with SoA dogtags hanging around his neck. The part that gets me is that this guy never even mentioned any interest in motorcycles before 2 years ago or so.

So now we get to see him decked out in the gear and he even has Anarchy tattoo's to boot. He had tattoo's before so that's not a deal breaker. But come on man, we all think he's caught up in some land of make believe.

What locked it in for me, was when he was having issues with one of the guys we rode with and he was going around saying crap like, "That guy's such a loser, he would never be a patched member."

Really? lol It makes me laugh.

So to me, as long as you don't get so caught up in it, that you think you're actually a part of the show, knock your socks off.

Just don't lose focus of reality.
Murk213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-21-2012, 01:43 PM   #32 (permalink)

I don't watch the show, but have a related question prompted by this thread. I ride alone, as it is both fun & my only mode of transportation, somehow I never had a riding friend. Also, I am not really familiar with details of biker "folklore", just discovering it here & there, on the Internet So, what potentially happens if say, I, ride my ACE 750, see a bar & some bikes parked, and think to myself: "BEER, BIKES"!!! I walk in to have a drink and find out that this is some hardcore MC hang out. I wear no patches, what's the likely scenario to expect? Hostility, indifference, or friendly "biker-buddy" attitude?
harpomatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 01:53 PM   #33 (permalink)

Love the show however wont see me wearing any of there gear
Old 11-21-2012, 02:00 PM   #34 (permalink)

FIrst off I do watch the show but I'm a cheap ******* and won't buy expensive advertising. Second, we have a large number of Latin KIngs living less then a 1/4 mile from us and they have never hassled any rider that I am aware of and they would probably just laugh their ass off if they saw someone with SOA clothing on. I ride my ride, they ride theirs and no one gets hassled.
jpr1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 02:08 PM   #35 (permalink)

Garage

i haven't watched the show. i don't have any of the gear or swag.

it's like the dudes who buy motorcycle jackets to wear in their cage... oh, wait... i've done that (although it is an actual leather moto jacket. just not one for cold riding)

anyway. watching SOA doesn't make you a biker or MC member anymore than watching Law and Order makes you a cop or DA.

i like Game of Thrones, but that doesn't make me a king. or does it...?

Live to ride another day!
davelisowski is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 02:50 PM   #36 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by harpomatic View Post
I don't watch the show, but have a related question prompted by this thread. I ride alone, as it is both fun & my only mode of transportation, somehow I never had a riding friend. Also, I am not really familiar with details of biker "folklore", just discovering it here & there, on the Internet So, what potentially happens if say, I, ride my ACE 750, see a bar & some bikes parked, and think to myself: "BEER, BIKES"!!! I walk in to have a drink and find out that this is some hardcore MC hang out. I wear no patches, what's the likely scenario to expect? Hostility, indifference, or friendly "biker-buddy" attitude?
More than likely, and I repeat, more than likely .. there will be no problem, or no more problems than one would have anywhere there's groups of people and booze. If it's a regular MC in there, I wouldn't exactly expect the "friendly biker buddy" attitude, probably more of a curious interest in who had the stones to come in along with a nod and then back turned. I've never heard of anyone NOT wearing colors being harassed anywhere, but then again, there's plenty of places left in this world I've never been to!
I saw my first SOA MC patch on a guys leather jacket the other day and had to do a double take to believe it. I'd imagine any regular MC that saw it would find it rather humorous, but it might also attract the same kind of possible negative attention any obvious poser would attract. If someone showed up wearing a SOA patch to ride with a group, I'd probably just laugh and ask them if they're serious...... and let it go at that.
Old 11-21-2012, 03:05 PM   #37 (permalink)

I don't watch the show, so no I don't have or desire the swag. I thought it was a good idea till I saw the first few show and knew it would be just another crime soap-opera, having little or nothing to do with bikers or the biker life.

I don't see how wearing SOA swag makes you a Wannabe, any more than the many Hells Angles and other clubs ride shirts I wear makes me a wannabe 1%'er. My wife does have a SOA shirt, she won it at a HA party?!?! It's not the clothes that make you a poser, its the pose.
Old 11-21-2012, 03:18 PM   #38 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by harpomatic View Post
FWI a real club patch is more likely to cause issues than anything from SOA or any other commercial source. Chief got it right. You pull into a real biker bar they will mostly ignore you. Oh they might raz you over the rice burner. They will definately raz you if you are wearing SOA swag. But, look closer, so are they. They will also, show you RESPECT, if you show them respect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by squidchief View Post
More than likely, and I repeat, more than likely .. there will be no problem, or no more problems than one would have anywhere there's groups of people and booze. If it's a regular MC in there, I wouldn't exactly expect the "friendly biker buddy" attitude, probably more of a curious interest in who had the stones to come in along with a nod and then back turned. I've never heard of anyone NOT wearing colors being harassed anywhere, but then again, there's plenty of places left in this world I've never been to!
I saw my first SOA MC patch on a guys leather jacket the other day and had to do a double take to believe it. I'd imagine any regular MC that saw it would find it rather humorous, but it might also attract the same kind of possible negative attention any obvious poser would attract. If someone showed up wearing a SOA patch to ride with a group, I'd probably just laugh and ask them if they're serious...... and let it go at that.
Old 11-21-2012, 03:49 PM   #39 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by davelisowski View Post
i haven't watched the show. i don't have any of the gear or swag.

it's like the dudes who buy motorcycle jackets to wear in their cage... oh, wait... i've done that (although it is an actual leather moto jacket. just not one for cold riding)

anyway. watching SOA doesn't make you a biker or MC member anymore than watching Law and Order makes you a cop or DA.

i like Game of Thrones, but that doesn't make me a king. or does it...?
Did you buy the GOT crown?

I would insist you wear that on rides!

1994 Honda Shadow 600

2002 Honda VFR FI
mblosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 03:52 PM   #40 (permalink)

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mblosch View Post
I asked two riders that wanted to ride in a group ride to remove it or leave. They left with threats of getting back at me.

How seriously do you take the show and the pretend 1%'r lifestyle?
Good on you man, although everyone is entitled to represent themselves and, dress how they wish, this is one circumstance I can't argue with - primarily because they're acting like poseurs, and that is not riding one's own ride in my opinion at least.

Personally, I think the merchandising for this show is ridiculous and seems to be geared towards people that as you said yourself, want to pretend to be a part of the fringe society of 1%'ers.
I actually think I'd rather see the yuppies with their matching bikes and leathers on HD's than this SoA stuff..and that's saying a lot. Nothing against HD and some of their riders, I just don't care for certain groups of them - the same would go for any other brand if it were the case.

If people want to project that image, then either join a real 1% group or, simply come up with your own riding group and get some things printed as, I don't think the cost between getting stuff made and buying Hollywood merch to be much different in cost. Having worked with bands that get their own merch pressed, screened and what not, I know it can be done on a budget.
-V&H Crüzers, Dynajet, Pirelli Route 666

Goat Regime is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement