sons of Anarchy swag - Page 5 - Honda Shadow Forums : Shadow Motorcycle Forum

View Poll Results: Sons of anarchy swag
Yes I did 6 6.25%
No I have not 90 93.75%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-21-2012, 04:04 PM   #41 (permalink)

Interestingly, this kind of debate has been around before SOA, with the band Black Label Society, who uses a three-piece patch set as their logo. Here is some interesting reading:

Black Label Society Gig Stopped - Bikersweb.co.uk Chaos Crew Forums
http://www.pikerpress.com/article.php?aID=1392

Also, the creator of SOA, Kurt Sutter, has expressed via blogs and his tweets on his website that people should use caution when trying to pretend to be part of his fictional biker gang, and he seems to go off on people who make and wear "fake" SOA patches and rockers. He knows the deal and from what I read, the actual SOA patch sets sold online seem to be pirated merchandise.

Last edited by xopeth; 11-21-2012 at 04:09 PM.
xopeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-21-2012, 04:17 PM   #42 (permalink)

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mblosch View Post
Did you buy the GOT crown?

I would insist you wear that on rides!
i didn't know that there was one!

but seriously, a TV show is a TV show and nothing more. people might wear the stuff, but it doesn't change who they are.

and on a totally random side-note, while searching for the crown, i found a place that has a complete Altaiir outfit from Assassin's Creed. now i can finally scale buildings and stealth attack my enemies!

Live to ride another day!
davelisowski is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 04:44 PM   #43 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by davelisowski View Post
.....people might wear the stuff, but it doesn't change who they are.
Perhaps not, but it does show who they are now.

Back when Orange County Choppers was first a hit, the wife shows up one day and says "Here I got you something". I open the bag and out comes an OCC t shirt. I asked her what she paid for it and then told her that was kind of expensive for a shop rag as I wouldn't be caught dead in it. She tried to tell me that I loved that show....I looked at it like three times because there were no reruns of Gilligans Island on. lol

She wound up giving it to my idiot brother in law. He used to wear it all the time....he's never even sat on a motorcycle....
I blame OCC for the current downfall of riders/riding.

What does any of this have to do with that?? Nothing. I just happened to think of it.

gat803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 04:58 PM   #44 (permalink)

SOA is awesome!! i love that show. that being said...i realize it just a show and it is more about violence and guns than it is about motorcycles. If i could find a way to be part of a club like that...i would pass. THAT being said...i would really like a SAMCRO T-shirt.lol. people should not judge others for representing anything that makes them happy. like UFC? buy the shirt.like football? buy the teams jersey. its just a show. its suppose to be fun, not piss people off.

"Layde" , my 86 VT700
gordo2472003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 07:38 PM   #45 (permalink)

Garage

^well put.

i don't play hockey (anymore) and i'm certainly not NHL material (although, now i might be), but i still sport the Patrick Kane jersey when watching the Blackhawks play (or when I used to...)

i don't think actual 1%ers would think twice about someone in SOA gear. then again, i've never had interactions with 1%ers (at least not that i know) even though i work at a well-known 'biker bar' each and every Wed.

i could understand wearing rockers when not in a MC would get some MC or 1%er in a tiff. i understand that wearing a 'flag' and coming across a MC or 1%er could cause some problems. but i have a feeling that most people understand SOA is a show.

Live to ride another day!
davelisowski is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 07:47 PM   #46 (permalink)

Garage

Never watched the show! I don't buy into that stuff!
lazyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 07:47 PM   #47 (permalink)

I've never seen the show.
However, of they wear colors like this, then yes...

Old 11-21-2012, 09:35 PM   #48 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDM View Post
Thus, what I said in my previous post: Being the ride leader/organizer is one thing, if he had just been a member in the group it would be another.

Yet again: Being the ride leader/organizer is one thing, if he had just been a member in the group it would be another.
"Even if is was the ride leader, the idea that he said that to people rubs me the wrong way."

^ You wrote this in your post. So which is it? It's OK if the guy is the ride leader or it's not?
Old 11-21-2012, 09:47 PM   #49 (permalink)

On any of the rides I organize, if someone doesn't feel safe, I ask them to let me or one of the other people I introduce as leaders about their. I have voiced my opinion to other riders in other groups.

It isn't just one persons job to keep the fellow riders safe. Even as leader I have had riders come up and voice concerns, I listen to all. I am in no means the most experienced rider on these rides. Neither in years or miles. But I can say that I have been to more track days and training than the majority of the riders in the groups combined.

I appreciate the comments, I really was hoping that it was an isolated incident. It appears it is.

1994 Honda Shadow 600

2002 Honda VFR FI
mblosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 04:32 AM   #50 (permalink)
PDM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vito View Post
"Even if is was the ride leader, the idea that he said that to people rubs me the wrong way."

^ You wrote this in your post. So which is it? It's OK if the guy is the ride leader or it's not?
If he's an organizer/leader = rubs me the wrong way, yet I recognize the authority.
If he's just a rider = he's got no place to tell me what I can and can't wear.

Clear enough?

PDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement