sons of Anarchy swag - Honda Shadow Forums : Shadow Motorcycle Forum

View Poll Results: Sons of anarchy swag
Yes I did 6 6.25%
No I have not 90 93.75%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-20-2012, 10:08 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default sons of Anarchy swag

Have you bought into it?

Was brought up by myself in another thread. Just curious, how many of you own something from the SOA franchise.

If you do, what and do you wear it. I have actually seen "riders" out there wearing vests and patches and other SOA pirate bling. I asked two riders that wanted to ride in a group ride to remove it or leave. They left with threats of getting back at me.

How seriously do you take the show and the pretend 1%'r lifestyle?

1994 Honda Shadow 600

2002 Honda VFR FI

Last edited by mblosch; 11-20-2012 at 10:11 PM.
mblosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-20-2012, 10:29 PM   #2 (permalink)

I generally just laugh at people wearing that crap, and then I go find something else to amuse myself. Other than the embarassment factor, I can understand not wanting riders sporting SOA swag on a group ride....It could draw the wrong kind of attention from the local dominant club.

Anyone care to guess how long it'll take someone to start going off about how they wear "What I want when I want. This is America, and I got rights". lol

gat803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 10:32 PM   #3 (permalink)

I like the show and have seasons 1-4 on DVD and I think I might have a T shirt somewhere but I think my wife had it pretty nailed down when she called the show, "a biker soap opera." That said I don't understand these people that seem to think SOA is a real club that you can join by going out and buying a patch and putting it on your vest, or those that think the show is real or even based in reality.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Motorcycle.com Free App
HardRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 10:37 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gat803 View Post
I generally just laugh at people wearing that crap, and then I go find something else to amuse myself. Other than the embarassment factor, I can understand not wanting riders sporting SOA swag on a group ride....It could draw the wrong kind of attention from the local dominant club.

Anyone care to guess how long it'll take someone to start going off about how they wear "What I want when I want. This is America, and I got rights". lol
We are a ride what you ride group, all brands, all sizes, all sexes. It just shocked me that they actually sort of lived in the SOA world in their head to the point that a vest and a bandana were more important to them that a fantastic day of fall riding in the Jackson Wyoming/ Teton/ west Yellowstone area with a very great group of riders.

1994 Honda Shadow 600

2002 Honda VFR FI
Old 11-20-2012, 10:42 PM   #5 (permalink)
mlr

Garage

I donít own any SOA clothing nor would I where it. But I love the show for what it is a made up tv show nothing more or less.

2004 Honda Shadow Aero 750
mlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 10:44 PM   #6 (permalink)

Garage

i did buy the dvd set so i guess i bought in to it but never would i wear any of that crap i laugh at the guys that ride here with all the soa gear and think they are hard

Big_Country_vt1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 10:44 PM   #7 (permalink)

Why would anyone even care if someone was wearing that? I wouldn't wear a SOA vest or even a t-shirt for that matter. At the same time I'm not going to make someone feel like crap for wearing one. They can deal with the 1%ers on their own though.
Old 11-20-2012, 11:18 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomman View Post
Why would anyone even care if someone was wearing that? I wouldn't wear a SOA vest or even a t-shirt for that matter. At the same time I'm not going to make someone feel like crap for wearing one. They can deal with the 1%ers on their own though.
If they are wearing it in my group, it has the potential to effect my friends.

Hell, I will make fun of you for wearing crocs.

1994 Honda Shadow 600

2002 Honda VFR FI
Old 11-20-2012, 11:49 PM   #9 (permalink)

I watch the show on Netflix. But I don't own any vests or anything. Id feel dumb since it's just a made up group. But to each his own. Personally Id be afraid I would run into a real 1%er group while wearing that stuff.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Motorcycle.com Free App
Dannosarusrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 11:54 PM   #10 (permalink)

I think it's all good and I have a real problem with people who like to mock other's attire, unless it's a good natured ribbing. I don't have any SOA attire but I don't mind wearing loud or vintage stuff that pisses off pseudo tough guys. Riding and freedom go hand in hand so wear what you want.
Bowie- is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement