Group rider or lonewolf? - Page 4 - Honda Shadow Forums : Shadow Motorcycle Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-24-2012, 04:40 PM   #31 (permalink)

I enjoy both. There are times when i need to just get away from everyone and do my own ride. I will ride to KY. Lake and there is a place i go there to just be myself and relax for a couple of hours and enjoy the scenery. Then there are times where i ride with guys from our church who have the same love and passion for Motorcycles and ride the Tennessee Ridge together. When im by myself i can ride at my speed and stop when ever i get ready. Its not that way when riding with others...just saying.
David Edwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-24-2012, 05:47 PM   #32 (permalink)

Mostly a lone wolf, but would welcome having a riding group of 5 - 10 that get together for a ride to a preselected destination maybe once a month or so. I do 2 - 3 large group rides a year, some as many as 800-1000 bikes. It is a kick being a part of that and like it was mentioned previously the sound and seeing nothing but bikes in front and in the mirrors is a rush. Not to mention the money the rides raise, and or gifts collected for someone deserving !!

tigrzeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 06:20 PM   #33 (permalink)

For me over the years it's changed,,for the past 28 years I've been a member of a L.E. M.C. club,,during the 1980s & 90s I rode in groups 4-15 riders, on day trips (150miles) and over night weekend trips (400 puls miles) Over the past 5 years I'm now on a 70/30 split 70% on my rides ,,short or long distance(3,000 miles round trip) have been "lone Wolf" and 30% I still ride with others (1 to 5 other bikes) both short & long distance...the guys & gals I ride with spoil me cause........most of them are "Motor Officers" or Motorcycle Instructors..so I feel and HAVE BEEN VERY safe riding in these"groups" .. MY groups lol ...it's always nice to have in your riding group : a... Motorcycle machanic a nurse a Firefighter,,a Cop ...Don't get me wrong I am NOT saying that if you're not one of these pros I won't ride with you ....It's just I know and have known these people and I KNOW they have my 6 ( they have my back) Just ask Mike A from PA he knows what I'm talking about..
Officer friendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 11:49 PM   #34 (permalink)

Mostly on my own. I've always been a lone wolf for the most part. It's genetic. I'm the most sociable, anti-social person I know.

Since moving down here though I do ride sometimes with a new friend who is also a member here. That's saying a lot since I generally have plenty of acquaintances, and usually only the wife and another close friend. Now I have two friends and my old lady. I haven't had two close friends at the same time since I was a kid.

I've managed to do a short run with the local chapter of SCRC, but that's it. I will probably do the Polar Bear Run, but I don't know I'll ever be heavy into the group thing. Most likely just one or two others if that.

The more I'm around people the more I love my dog, and she annoys the hell out of me sometimes.

[IMG][/IMG]
Amos Iron Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 12:59 PM   #35 (permalink)

This eagle soars alone mostly (with the exception of my 11 yr.old son on back).
I never cease to be amazed at all the rides and gatherings out there where more standing around and talking or riding 20 miles and stopping to take a break is done.

They say laughter is the best medicine. Unless you are laughing ALL the time, then you probably need some REAL medicine, you freak.

shadowmaker07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 02:01 PM   #36 (permalink)

It was the best of times it was the worst of times.
Some of the best rides Iíve ever been on have been group rides.
Some of the worst rides Iíve ever been on have been group rides
Some of the best rides Iíve ever been on have been solo rides.
Some of the worst rides Iíve ever been on have been solo rides.
I ride alone, I ride in small groups, I ride in large groups. I lead group rides and I follow others on rides. I just rideÖ
Iíve been down a lot of roads.
Iíve been down some roads that I would never ride again and Iíve been down some that I would be happy to ride again. Some are fun to ride and others simply take me someplace I want to go. Some are no fun and others even turn out to be dangerous while still others take me to places I have no desire to revisit. There was a first time for each road Iíve ever been down. At one time or another each and every road is unknown. Some roads come highly recommended and others I just stumble upon on my own. Some roads I ride all the way to their termination and am sad to see them end; others I ride for a while, see that itís not going to work out and so turn around and go back the way I came. Some are enjoyable in fair weather but not in fowl while others are great at any time.
Many of the things I say about roads I can also say about the people that I have met while on group rides. I have a good laugh whenever I see someone who wouldnít have a second thought about going down a road theyíve never been down before but then shy away from the opportunity to meet new people on group rides.
At some point you have to put the kickstand down and it's nice to share that time with folks that love to ride and have fun...
wallasan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 02:11 PM   #37 (permalink)

In general, I ride by myself. Though I don't mind riding with others at all, as long as they're not foolish. I get to ride in groups every now and then and I like it, but I do think it can be a bit stressful and you never really get to go at your own pace.
RRDavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 04:14 PM   #38 (permalink)

I'm a lone wolf myself but I do like to ride with a couple buddies every now and then. I find that everyone wants to do something different and besides I'm one of those that likes changing direction when the feeling strikes me! I don't like rules and obligations and guidelines so that's why I don't do the MC thing! My wife and I take off and we know where we're going when we get there! Lol. Not all who wanders is lost!!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Motorcycle.com Free App
Old 11-26-2012, 06:47 PM   #39 (permalink)

So far nothing but lone wolfin'
RGWise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 12:07 PM   #40 (permalink)

Most of the time I rider alone.