license???? - Honda Shadow Forums : Shadow Motorcycle Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-27-2012, 01:49 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default license????

i have meet alot of people who do not have a license...and lots that dont even have insurance....how long did you wait to get yours or are you still riding dirty...
Advertisement

Old 11-27-2012, 02:23 PM   #2 (permalink)

Got both before I started riding. Insurance is like $70 per year for me so I had no incentive not to.
Bowie- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 02:24 PM   #3 (permalink)

Garage

Got my license before I bought my bike. I don't think FL will let you register the bike unless you have the license. Got insurance the day I got my bike. I don't want to ride without insurance because I'm still responsible for any accidents/damage -- not just to others and their property, but also to myself and my bike. I wouldn't 'ride dirty', but that's just me.

2012 Shadow Phantom 750
Barracuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 02:30 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan.tubbs@gmail.com View Post
Got my license before I bought my bike. I don't think FL will let you register the bike unless you have the license. Got insurance the day I got my bike. I don't want to ride without insurance because I'm still responsible for any accidents/damage -- not just to others and their property, but also to myself and my bike. I wouldn't 'ride dirty', but that's just me.
You can buy and register a motorcycle in Florida without the endorsement; you're just not permitted to ride on public roads ... yet another weird crack in the system. I have mine although I rode for a bit without it ... it became mandatory in mid-2008 ... tisk, tisk. Anyway, insurance is not required but recommended (for that which you speak).
ACE VT750 Service Manual Download

Keep the rubber side down, unless of course you have a rubber head!
Aced It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 02:41 PM   #5 (permalink)

I rode for a few years before a license was required but when I went in the Navy they required on if you wanted to ride on the base so I got one in 1974 and have had one ever since and I won't ride without insurance.
jpr1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 03:55 PM   #6 (permalink)

Bought my bike (prior to this one) before I had my CY endorsement but it wasn't running. I had my license before that bike was back on the road (or even registered). I don't see the point in "riding dirty" -- or a lot of other stupid things people do everyday. Guess that's why we have statistics.

Ride bell by Dr. Bob's Patient
adlowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 04:42 PM   #7 (permalink)

I rode for three years before I got my license, but I had insurance from day one.
seanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 04:59 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by West Tx Wookie View Post
i have meet alot of people who do not have a license...and lots that dont even have insurance....how long did you wait to get yours or are you still riding dirty...
Way back when, I rode my buddy's bike for months before getting the piece of paper. I was foolish enough to ride to the State Police barracks to take the test where they asked me, "How did you get here?" Uh...I'll be leaving now.

Then I let my license lapse when I moved to another state and it was another year before I bothered to get that fixed. It was an encounter with a friendly officer who let me go with the assurance I'd take care of that immediately.
'72 CL350 - You never forget your first
rb608 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 05:18 PM   #9 (permalink)

Garage

I rode for an entire year without a license. Still had insurance on the machine, though.
Red/Black
2001 Honda Shadow Sabre 1100
Blue/Blue

kacealraid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 05:31 PM   #10 (permalink)

Both before I rode.
vzshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement