Stuff trying to kill you - Page 2 - Honda Shadow Forums : Shadow Motorcycle Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-28-2012, 08:03 AM   #11 (permalink)

Garage

Thank God I was not on my bike, but I once had a large port-a-John lift off of a flatbed truck that was coming at me on a 2 lane road. It lifted off and then laid down in my lane and slid straight for me at around 50mph. I had to take the shoulder as it slid by. A potentially sh1tty situation!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

When I grow up......ahh hell I ain't plannin to do that!
Sgoatley is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-28-2012, 08:39 AM   #12 (permalink)

Garage

I've avoided my share of critters and cages,got hit in the chest by a bird once and avoided a drunk driver that took out one of my best friends back in High school! I ended up in a field,not sure how I avoided that mess.
It doesn't matter if I'm on my bike or in my car,I leave plenty of room with those hauling anything that has the possibility of going airborne!
Old 11-28-2012, 08:57 AM   #13 (permalink)

Stuff trying to kill me? OH-OH-OH, I know this! .... MY STEPDAUGHTER!

But yeah, I think we all experience Brook, I mean "stupid" on the highways. Dragonflies are awesome when they smack you in the face at 70mph.

Anyway, most importantly here is keep your rider radar ON at all times. Don't tailgate, have a plan or strategy at all times, know where to look and what to look for and ALWAYS keep looking, pay attention to what's important and keep a safe distance and then some.

I had an experience myself that was basically me trying to kill me. I was at a red light at major highway intersection. The car to the left of me proceeded forward as did I. A split second later I realized that car had the green arrow to turn left ... I then realized I went straight through the red light; luckily nobody was turning in front of me. Eesh ... that was an eye opener!
ACE VT750 Service Manual Download

Keep the rubber side down, unless of course you have a rubber head!
Aced It is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 08:58 AM   #14 (permalink)

Ive never had any incident either in my car or on my bike. My wife has hit an air compressor laying in the middle of the Mass Pike during rush hour though. Gutted her vehicle.

You guys scare the crap out of me with all these stories of crashes, collisions and close calls.
jgarib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 09:04 AM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgarib View Post
You guys scare the crap out of me with all these stories of crashes, collisions and close calls.
Meh, we're only human. This ain't scary ... spend some time with Brook.
ACE VT750 Service Manual Download

Keep the rubber side down, unless of course you have a rubber head!
Aced It is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 09:49 AM   #16 (permalink)

I hit a turtle dove with the windshield on my ace going down hwy 41. It sh!t all over me, but after glancing off my shield, it flew into the car next to me. Hit the driver of the car in the chest. I would imagine that the lady in the car sh!t all over herself. I was laughing my @ss off. She couldn't see the humor though.

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free
Old 11-28-2012, 10:08 AM   #17 (permalink)
GDI

Last summer I was riding through a construction zone, and one of those orange barrels came rolling into the road and just rolled across the road in front of me. The thing is I had just changed from the left wheel track to the right wheel track, and I would have hit that barrel if I'd stayed where I was. The car behind me didn't have it so good. He couldn't fit into one wheeltrack!

GDI
GDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 10:47 AM   #18 (permalink)

I was riding one afternoon with my good friend in the dover tn. area. We were just cruising. My buddy was leading and i was about 3-4 seconds behind him, as we were coming around a long sweeping curve i noticed that there were two vultures up ahead having their road kill dinner. As my buddy approached the vultures flew away a short distance, by the time i got there the two vultures were on thier way back down and one almost hit my windshied.....that would not have been good at 65 mph.!
David Edwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 03:31 PM   #19 (permalink)

Garage

Stuff doesn't try to kill anyone.. stuff is inanimate it doesn't know you, it cannot hate or love you, nor can it care whether you live or die .. I hear pissed off grannies driving mid eighties Buicks are another story though

CrazyDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 05:46 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaps View Post
Motorcyclist has a close call with a flying mattress - 22 Words

OK....so I am a novice rider (6 months) and I have already been nearly killed by a 10 foot long 1x8 flying off the back of a pick up truck. I saw whis video (above) and it got me thinking....how many of you have been in a near death experience like this?
Try viewing this:
Advertisement