Stuff trying to kill you - Page 3 - Honda Shadow Forums : Shadow Motorcycle Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-28-2012, 06:23 PM   #21 (permalink)

Well just couple months ago this dumb broad made a left hand turn in front me. Slammed HARD into her flipped over and fractured my tibia took a chunk out of my talus bone put that back to gather with a couple screws starting rehab in a week. The bike is toast the frame is shot but hey iam still here. Like everyone has said pay attention 24/7.
shawnfrompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-28-2012, 11:04 PM   #22 (permalink)

Garage

Thanksfor the feedback. When that board came flying off the truck, I just kept going straight and luckily it disintegrated before I hit it.
Chaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 12:56 PM   #23 (permalink)

Doing 70 late at night in an austin mini I saw an object on the hway (to late), was a dead deer laying there I hit it square luckily and flew over it. Woke my wife up from a sound sleep shouting. Next oil change I saw deer pelt on the under side of my car. On a bike just the usual wet man hole covers and these are not inanimate objects without feeling I sware they hunt you down!!
vonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 01:27 PM   #24 (permalink)

On my 2nd day with my bike, had a trailer blow a tire in front of me which launched a 2 foot strip of tire tread right at my head. Luckily, I saw it coming and moved my head to the side just quick enough to dodge it. Not a great way to start off my life on a bike.
its.joesef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 01:29 PM   #25 (permalink)

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaps View Post
Motorcyclist has a close call with a flying mattress - 22 Words

OK....so I am a novice rider (6 months) and I have already been nearly killed by a 10 foot long 1x8 flying off the back of a pick up truck. I saw whis video (above) and it got me thinking....how many of you have been in a near death experience like this?
Don't target fixate. This video is a great demonstration of this.

Watch especially on the slow mo and notice that motorcycle immediately starts drifting TOWARDS the giant cartwheeling mattress.

Something coming at you just recognize it's there and look where you need to be, then get there.

My only personal experience with something like this was following a box truck too closely as it ran over a small Christmas tree which caused it to pop out the back and airborne itself at me. A scary high mph swerve on an off ramp saved my ass and I've never followed that closely to something I can't see through since. I had no idea it was coming... just instantly an airborne Christmas tree coming at my face at 50mph. Bah humbug!
ZackDaniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement