Uclear two way headset - Honda Shadow Forums : Shadow Motorcycle Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-28-2012, 10:00 PM   #1 (permalink)

Thumbs up Uclear two way headset

UClear HBC200 - webBikeWorld

Bought a pair at the bike show two weeks ago. They were easy to set up and get going. They are blue tooth, there is no boom (the mike is in the speaker), they are noise cancelling.

We can hear each other very clearly when the bikes have stopped. It's bit more difficult to hear when we are going. I suspect the noise cancelling is cancelling some of our voices. But at a stop, we cand talk plain as day.

speakers are clear. I can listen to pandora on my phone and it sounds good. If I get a call, I can answer it by saying "hello". Two way chat I press the up button and begin talking.

They were $350 for the pair at the bike show and it was money well spent.

I had a pair of scala's before. never was happy with them.

2009 Stratoliner (mine), 2008 Stratoliner (hers), 2010 Harley Rocker, 2002 Honda VLX
Steve-O
Steve-O is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-28-2012, 10:10 PM   #2 (permalink)

We are in the market for some for our rides..What sort of distance will they operate at?

His - 750 Aero
Hers - 650 V Star
Ours - 500 Royal Enfield Bullet
500 Royal Enfield Military
overthehillandback.com Motorcycle tours for old farts.
woodboats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 10:54 PM   #3 (permalink)

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodboats View Post
We are in the market for some for our rides..What sort of distance will they operate at?
Ours are good for 1/4 mile. BUT, if you have 6 (or more) of these, you can sync them all so that everyone can talk to each other. Then they use each other so the front guy can talk to the back guy as long as none of the 6 are further than 1/4 mile. In other words, they kind of daisy chain themselves. So the range is extended by however many sets you have.

2009 Stratoliner (mine), 2008 Stratoliner (hers), 2010 Harley Rocker, 2002 Honda VLX
Steve-O
Old 11-28-2012, 11:49 PM   #4 (permalink)

Garage

Thats a Good Feature to have in a group ride
Old 11-29-2012, 10:44 AM   #5 (permalink)

Nice range and a good feature to expand to larger groups, but if you can't use it very well while underway doesn't that defeat the purpose a little? Especially at that price. I wonder why you didn't like the Scalas...my wife and I have used them with great success and satisfaction, and I wear earplugs all the time.
And a long list of dear departeds

MikeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 10:47 AM   #6 (permalink)

I didn't like the speakers in the scalas. too tinny. I listen to music as I ride and it didn't provide good sound. Found a place to replace teh speakers, but it cost $100 per helmet. The speakers in the Uclear are much better. Not boze quality, but close enough for a ride.

I'm not happy with the clarity while riding at highway speed either. I think the noise cancelling is cancelling voice quality as it's cancelling the road noise. Just my thought. I've sent in an email to Uclear to see if this is normal.

Steve-O
Old 11-29-2012, 11:16 AM   #7 (permalink)

Ah-ha. We only use the units for talking (I'm using the "we" euphemistically) and for the BT phones.
And a long list of dear departeds

MikeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 12:30 PM   #8 (permalink)

I don't like distractions, talking, music or anything, while on the bike. For me...the bike says, oh yeah, solitude.

Old 11-29-2012, 01:15 PM   #9 (permalink)

Garage

Anybody use Sena stuff? I've got this on my xmas list this year:
Sena SMH10D Bluetooth Helmet Communication System (Pack of 2) : Amazon.com : Automotive Sena SMH10D Bluetooth Helmet Communication System (Pack of 2) : Amazon.com : Automotive

4 way conferencing (with latest firmware upgrade), works with any bluetooth player which can relay out to all and auto cut off when somebody talks. Wide variety of different mics and earbuds for a variety of helmets and heads.

I had a hard time getting solid reviews on any of this stuff. Would love any detailed pro/con experiences from anybody.
ZackDaniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 02:51 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan07 View Post
I don't like distractions, talking, music or anything, while on the bike. For me...the bike says, oh yeah, solitude.

I agree, to a point. If I am going for a couple hundred miles its nice to have some tunes along for the ride. Around town or short rides in the country I don't bother.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Motorcycle.com Free App
Kitulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement