My bobber project - Honda Shadow Forums : Shadow Motorcycle Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-29-2012, 03:48 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default My bobber project

So I am about finished with my project....no it is not my 1999 ACE (wont cut that up ) it is my Suzuki Savage. It is a BCB kit and their stuff is great. I just cant decide on paint, any ideas other that flat black. Something vintage?????

mshipley is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-29-2012, 04:39 PM   #2 (permalink)

Very cool. We're going to be putting together a 250 bobber for my fiance, and I really dig what you did. One cool paint option would be to just sand down some areas on your tank and fenders for a nice old distressed look. Something along the lines of this:

But that's just my opinion, and it's your ride.
seanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 05:42 PM   #3 (permalink)

actually I thought about that I think its cool. I like that white over the brown primer. I have not been able to find a fuel-proff clear coat that is flat to seal it all with. Guess I could take it to a pro to seal.

mshipley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 06:20 PM   #4 (permalink)

Garage

Flat red over that Brown would look good also
Old 11-30-2012, 12:33 AM   #5 (permalink)

ohmergoooood i love that blue harley paint job....if only in white with blue and brown....hmmmmm
Old 11-30-2012, 01:35 AM   #6 (permalink)
mlr

Garage

I have had my eye on a savage/s40 bobber project for a wail. I think I will be starting one in the spring when I buy an s40. I'm going flat black with Kawasaki green and Suzuki blue pin striping. My plain is striped down to nothing relocate every thing off handle bars mini 8'' apes I know brakes and clutch stays. Then strip the frame have it converted and welded to a rigid frame then powder coated. No front fender cut exhaust and weld on a short pipe so it dumps before rear tire then rap it. Air bag on the seat and chop the blinkers replace with raps and small leds. I'm all for BCB it gave me the ideas but I think the kits are over priced and are to cookie cuter IMO bobbers are not ment to be a kit and I think I can get the look I want for the same price if not lower.

I know this is not a good answer to your question but flat black looks good that being said sky blue is bomb as fu@k

2004 Honda Shadow Aero 750

Last edited by mlr; 11-30-2012 at 01:39 AM.
mlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 09:00 AM   #7 (permalink)

I usually don't like flat paint jobs. When I opened this thread and saw your bike, I was taken back by the look. Match the paint to the primer. It's perfect.

2006 Star Stratoliner Midnight,1986 VT1100C
Ride Bell by Maggie and Chris
Paulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement