The thing is.. - Honda Shadow Forums : Shadow Motorcycle Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-02-2012, 10:04 PM   #1 (permalink)

Garage
Default The thing is..

The Questions You Ask and How We Respond

Helmet

Jacket

Motorcycle..whatever.. any recommendations made are based solely on the likes, dislikes and fickleness of the people you are asking.. ask about bbq for example and you will have the Carolina pulled pork rules people singing praises.. I find it stringy and often gamey.. the Texas style, rubbed and served naked chunky with bark ( I think of pulled pork bark like some think of burnt ends.).mmmmmmmmmmm heaven.

Ask about helmets and you will get answers.. one, none or many of which will suit your situation. For every praise a put down.. in the end you have to decide, and in the end you rarely do it by the logical opinion of others but rather a mish mash of your own prejudices and quirks fused with the consensus of those you have predetermined most likely to agree with you.

The same applies to the jacket, the motorcycle, brand, model, accessories etc.

Some questions need to be answered by others however, there are products, and procedures you really need to know about, especially if you are a neophyte to two wheels and things mechanical.

Again you will get bombarded by opinion, ego, the "friend of a friend did it his in 97 thing" But usually in between the bench racing and general BS is some good advice one can apply to their situation.

Go ahead and ask.. we have an answer ready

CrazyDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-02-2012, 10:29 PM   #2 (permalink)

Hey Dave,

I have been a lurker on here for years and just started posting a bit in the last few months. I must say your posts are spot on and right to the point. I enjoy your views. Very insightfull. Keep them coming.

1994 Shadow VT1100C
Bell by KSunshine
Seatracks is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement