Keepin' up - Page 3 - Honda Shadow Forums : Shadow Motorcycle Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-08-2012, 06:08 AM   #21 (permalink)
rmw

Cory, the adivce of riding with smaller groups is excellent. Riding in bigger groups can have some real challenges and a lot depends on who is leading the ride. I was a CMA member for a number of years and there was one guy who led rides in a way I wanted nothing to do with. He just refused to take into account he had 20 bikes with him and rode like he was alone and speed limits meant nothing to him. For some reason the chapter let him get by with it until someone from Natl went on a ride he was leading and put a stop to it right then and there.

Just ride your own ride, always and keep your situational awareness up at all times.

Dearly Departed 2004 Sabre...RIP
rmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-08-2012, 07:52 AM   #22 (permalink)

Default crusin on hi way

Back in 1980 myself my brother in law and a mutual friend rode on a four day week end from Wichita Ks to Lake of the Ozarks in Mo. approx 800 mile with side trips.
We did this on two 440 LTD's and a 750 honda. We had no problem crusing 10 over on the interstates when desired . You should have no problem keeping up with your group at the legal limit
Dave
Tulbal Cain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 08:16 AM   #23 (permalink)

I do a few "group" rides a year. These are designed charity rides and draw a large number of bikes, some at or over 1000 bikes. While I enjoy these events, the rides are often a challenge. There are always many that just gotta prove their bikes are the baddest, fastest, loudest, bike there is. Constantly charging ahead, or weaving side to side, etc. This makes large group rides dangerous in my opinion.

I also have ridden on smaller rides in groups of 12-15 bikes that have in mind the purpose to ride somewhere, enjoy the ride getting there, enjoy stops for lunch, stretching, etc. along the way. These are the best type for me. Not people out to impress, just ride and enjoy.

As to the 750 keeping up, sure it can. I upgraded in size not for more acceleration, but rather a more comfortable, more stable ride at interstate speeds especially 2 up, and not feeling like I was winding out the motor as much at those speeds.

tigrzeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement