What pipes are these? - Honda Shadow Forums : Shadow Motorcycle Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-12-2012, 04:19 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default What pipes are these?

I have a 2000 or 2001 Shadow Sabre. I bought the bike used and it was already custom modified.

The pipes that came with it are SOOOOO loud it's just horribly obnoxious, even on the highway in the daytime. I work nights and cannot roll in to my home assaulting the neighbors with this thunder in the wee early hours. I haven't rode my bike in years now and really miss it.

I just learned that I can put baffles in to the pipes but I have no idea what kind of pipes I have. I'm hoping that someone can see my pic and will be able to tell me what I have.

Thank you so very much!
-Marc

What pipes are these?-shadowpipes.jpg

It says I inserted an attachment, I hope it shows.
chantervz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-12-2012, 05:21 AM   #2 (permalink)

Click on the picture to make it bigger. Thanks again!
chantervz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 07:14 AM   #3 (permalink)

Does it say "Cobra" on them? Because they look exactly like mine

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

Just Cruise...
Shadow ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 08:52 AM   #4 (permalink)

They appear to be Hard Krome American Classics. If they are, you cannot change the baffels, they are welded in. I have them on my V*. The end caps are removeable but, not the baffels.
Old 12-12-2012, 08:55 AM   #5 (permalink)

They make universal baffles. Just need the size of your pipes. Check DennisKirk.com
I made my own baffles for my ace out of stainless steel pipe and some reducers. Drilled holes in them and they work great. I leave for work at 5 am with the baffles in, then jerk them out at work for the ride home. I kind of like loud and obnoxious

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free
Old 12-12-2012, 09:08 AM   #6 (permalink)

Doesn't matter what brand of pipes they are to do baffles. Assuming they don't already have welded in baffles, which can be a pain to remove. All you need to know to get baffles is the pipe ID and the length of baffle you want. Me I'd start with a baffle 12-16" or so long. I would then mount them as far up the tali pipe as I could get them. I would then adjust the sound by cutting off 1" of baffle at a time till I got the sound I wanted. I mount the baffles deep in the pipe, for 2 reasons backpressure and tone. Deeper baffle give deeper sound and less harsh tone.
Old 12-12-2012, 09:23 AM   #7 (permalink)

Garage

They look an awful lot like my HardKromes..... I dont find em too loud unless I am into the throttle... which I usually am
Old 12-12-2012, 09:38 AM   #8 (permalink)

They are H.K's and the baffles are WELDED in place and NOT removable.
jpr1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 10:05 AM   #9 (permalink)

My shadow came with Cobra pipes, to loud for me, I sold them and got a set of stock pipes from a guy on the forum.

IF YOU ARE BORN ONCE YOU WILL DIE TWICE
IF YOU ARE BORN TWICE YOU WILL DIE ONCE
joe in calif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 10:17 AM   #10 (permalink)
-AJ

look like HK's to me.

loud pipes get on my nerves, that's why i have stock pipes on my vtx. you could try to find some stock pipes for your bike, they can be found at a good deal because most people don't want them.

2006 Honda VTX-1300R
Memphis Shades Batwing, Stock "C" Model Pipes, Mustang Seat, Mustang Fender Bib, National Cycle Hard Bags,
Lindby Multibar, Küryakyn Sound System, Küry ISO Grips, Show Chrome Grille Cover, Küry L.E.D Light Kit, Küry Triple Whammy,
Küry Constellation Light Bar, TTO Tach, Metzeler Tires, Chromed Wheels and much, much more.
-AJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement