I want a Royal Enfield - Honda Shadow Forums : Shadow Motorcycle Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-02-2013, 02:36 PM   #1 (permalink)

Garage
Default I want a Royal Enfield

Nah.. not really.. just wanted to see how many get worked up at the notion of someone wanting one. I figure the way some vilify or try to discouraged people from owning a Harley with the same old misinformation, perhaps they could shed some misinfo on the Enfield in order to educate the rest of us why we should avoid owning one at all cost.

CrazyDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-02-2013, 02:41 PM   #2 (permalink)

I've read the R E are a blast to ride around town, not so much on the superslab.

Stratoliner
Shadow Spirit VT1100
Honda 919/CB900F
Kawasaki ZR7S
Honda CB360

VFW, Post 2391
Patriot Guard Rider #92075
Scuba77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 02:57 PM   #3 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to gmck

I would love to have one. check out this one.
motorivista.com/royal-enfield-musket/
gmck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 03:28 PM   #4 (permalink)
-AJ

they are a pretty sweet little motorcycle. i wouldn't mind owning one, but not as my only bike.

2006 Honda VTX-1300R
Memphis Shades Batwing, Stock "C" Model Pipes, Mustang Seat, Mustang Fender Bib, National Cycle Hard Bags,
Lindby Multibar, Küryakyn Sound System, Küry ISO Grips, Show Chrome Grille Cover, Küry L.E.D Light Kit, Küry Triple Whammy,
Küry Constellation Light Bar, TTO Tach, Metzeler Tires, Chromed Wheels and much, much more.
-AJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 03:33 PM   #5 (permalink)

Garage

Do you mean a British one, an Indian one or a fake "Indian" one. Royal Enfield INTERCEPTOR was one of the first bikes I ever remember seeing up close (friends older brother) when I was about 11 and it was love at first sight. Unfortunately never owned one since supply was limited and much easier to find Triumphs and BSAs. Interceptor was the smoothest of the Brit twins with a balanced crank.

I have had a Harley Servicar:took a year to get it running, a Heritage Soft Tail: too much capital to have tied up, and an Ultra Glide (rented for a month in Texas). Of 30 - 40 bikes I have owned there were only 2 that left me on the side of the road: $30k Ultraglide (stator went thats not an easy fix) $12k Shadow (3 flat tires in first year; none in next 17 years). The only reason I would not own another Harley is its a lot of capital to tie up in a vehicle that can only be used about 6 months here. Plus you have to buy all those expensive Harley bandanas chaps sunglasses jackets etc etc !!!

G.

Last edited by gdb069; 01-02-2013 at 09:52 PM. Reason: spling
gdb069 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 04:09 PM   #6 (permalink)

Garage

Haha, you got me.
Old 01-02-2013, 04:11 PM   #7 (permalink)

You'd look good on one!!
vzshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 04:20 PM   #8 (permalink)

But I do want a Royal Enfield...just not as a primary ride. My desire is based only on how funky and different they are. One of my best friends had one as his first bike, bought and ridden in Bangladesh while he lived there, and he wishes he still had it.

PA Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 04:37 PM   #9 (permalink)

I want one, the Military green one... last year I was in Richmond VA and took a 2012 for a 2 hour test ride....it was fun...I'm not asking for much just another 6 or 7 more bikes thats all...
Officer friendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 04:47 PM   #10 (permalink)

Weird,..........I don't want either a R.E or a H.D.

They are both really nice bikes , but I'm perfectly happy with the Honda I have right now
Advertisement