Saddlemen Profiler Seat on an Aero - Honda Shadow Forums : Shadow Motorcycle Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-31-2013, 04:42 PM   #1 (permalink)
KPJ

Default Saddlemen Profiler Seat on an Aero

Like many, I found the stock seat on my 2004 Aero to be woefully inadequate. Very uncomfortable, too squishy and encouraged a numb-butt after long rides. Unlike many, however, the popular Mustang Touring Seat didn't appeal to me. I'm 6'4" with long arms and wasn't looking for a seat that would raise me up and forwarward. I prefer more of a Low Rider type set up so in my search for a new seat the Saddlemen Profiler really interested me. I chose one for my Christmas present from my wife and after installing it and getting some rides in, I am very happy with the results.

The first impression is from how it looks. I think it matches the lines of the bike more and love how the pillion follows the curves of the rear fender. The seat drops you down and back, so you are sitting more in than on the bike. I prefer a firmer saddle and the Profiler definitely offers that. No feeling of sinking in like on the stock seat, just a nice firm feel under the butt. Decent lower back support frommthe way the rider part transitions to the pillion. The new sitting position changes the orientation of your feet and legs, so it is a little farther to the controls. So much so that I do not feel the need to look into forward controls any more. It also makes the reach to the handlebars more. so I would not recommend this seat to anyone who finds the stock bars to be a stretch. For me it is about as far as I would want to reach. I may still get the risers for the stock bars or look into replacing the stock bars with slightly taller ones that I can adjust.

Riding, I find that the seat keeps me in a good position and I don't move around like I did on the stock seat. It is very comfortable for me and I feel less cramped than before as me knees are back more and a little lower than before. Noi butt numbness or tailbone pain upon dismount like before, either. I went on 50+ mile rides yesterday and today and felt fine afterward. On yesterday's ride my 15 year old daughter came along and she said she thought the passenger section was fine. I may still look into getting a Butty Buddy, though. I don't take a passenger that often, so my comfort was more important to me than the passenger's.

It may not be the right seat for everyone, but there seems to be few people who have put one on an Aero and I wanted to offer up a review to those who might be curious.

KPJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-01-2013, 09:24 AM   #2 (permalink)

Nice review!
Can you put a side by side pic compared to the stock one? And the measurement of width from side to side? I'm debating if I should get one, or reshape my seat with gel.
Old 04-01-2013, 12:19 PM   #3 (permalink)
KPJ

I'll see what I can do when I get home. It is definitely narrower than stock.

Old 04-01-2013, 05:55 PM   #4 (permalink)
KPJ

Hope this helps. I didn't have an extra set of hands and did my best. The Profiler is 14 1/4" at it's widest point. There is only one mounting bolt - at the rear.

Old 04-01-2013, 07:06 PM   #5 (permalink)

Garage

Seat looks great - almost like the seats that come on the Spirits, but more comfortable.

2009 Honda Shadow Spirit 750
-Mustang Seat & Backrest
-Memphis Shades Windshield & Lowers
-Saddlemen Highwayman Saddlebags
-National Cycle Paladin Highway Bars
-Show Chrome Accessories Radiator Cover
-Kuryakyn ISO Pegs (Driver & Passenger)
-Kuryakyn ISO Grips
-Honda Luggage Rack and Sissybar
-Honda Saddlebag Supports
DRVMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 09:16 AM   #6 (permalink)

Sweet!! Thanks alot
Advertisement