Honda Shadow Forums banner

Video Links.. Post'em if you Got'em..

25K views 259 replies 40 participants last post by  Theja1 
#1 · (Edited)
Jkustomz posted a great thread about GoPro mounting where a few of our Members posted links and video of their rides.. To work, to the gas station, around the block.. That kind-of thing....

Those videos are AWESOME!!

Watching your friends riding, is the next best thing to riding with them, and since I couldn't find a single thread dedicated to videos of member rides - thought we could use one..

It doesn't have to be "Special" We Don't Care... You have video of yourself chuggin' 'round the block? Post it! Because I Can Guarantee You that most-all of us want to see it!..

We sit in front of computer talking bike, because we desperately want to be out riding one.. The next best thing.. Watching people ride..

Watching our Friends ride, is like that.. Just Better..

Rules: (there's always gonna have to be rules..)
1.) Video Must be of a Member's Ride.. Even if all we get to see of that member's ride is their foot on a peg or their bike's exhaust..
2.) Videos can be either linked or embedded.
3.) Just, Don't Hurt Yourself.. Please.. Nothing advocating dangerous riding.
(That's it).

Let's see what you got.

See less See more
#4 ·
Jkustomz - Great Posts.. Plus, I think, you deserve extra Kudos for having Dio playing in the background.. It's been Years since I listened to Dio!

#7 ·
No Shadow videos as I sold it and bought a Vulcan before getting a GoPro, but here are mine...

First video made after getting it, riding Airport Road in New Bern, NC:

Kind of boring, this is just a road I found while wasting time and gas in rural AL one day:

Compilation video, all taken on MS 587 between Columbia and Monticello, with a short section at the beginning near Red Bluffs:

This one has a soundtrack, just riding around rural Louisiana:

Me riding around the neighborhood, seeing how it would look with the camera stuck to the saddlebags:

AR 155 going up Mount Nebo:

AR 309 going up Mount Magazine. In this one, the camera is stuck to my dad's windshield and is filming me from behind:

AR 7 south of Dardanelle:

AR 103 south towards Clarksville. Skip to about 5:00 for the really good stuff:

AR 215 going east. This road is a BLAST, even though the best parts aren't on the video:

AR 27 going north towards Danville:

AR 123 part 1/4. If you ever visit, AR, this road is a hoot. There's NOTHING out there, which is part of what makes it so much fun:

AR 123 part 2/4:

AR 123 part 3/4, including a one-lane bridge at the end:

AR 123 part 4/4:

And saving the best for last, AR trip highlights, set to a very well known song...

#10 · (Edited)
Here's one of me riding the Tail Of The Dragon. I put my camera on my buddies Goldwing to catch me in action. It's not to often you get to watch yourself ride. I am going to try and get an HD version on but for now here is a lower res one. Just don't full screen it, keep it half.
Not to sure how to direct link to page so it shows up on the forum.

Tail Of The Dragon Run 2013 - YouTube

#11 ·
You Guys are Great! Thanks for all Your Posts!!

I will be posting, once I get my camera purchased.. Been researching cameras for the last couple of days.. Looking into getting either a GoPro 3+ or the Sony HD A-blah.. Probably gonna go with the GoPro as it has a remote I can duct-tape to my handlebars (If I can find the room)..

Need a day or two to convince myself I should be spending that kind of money on myself.. (it's a process I go through :)..

#15 ·
If you want a low-cost alternative, I came across this one in a magazine ad last month. - Pyle HiSpeed Action Camera An Alternative to Go Pro HD - YouTube

Image wise, it rivals the competition starting at about $100. Yeah, the mounting looks a bit cheesy, and it is slightly bigger than the GoPro, but you get Wifi, touchscreen capabilities and a remote for 1/3 of the GoPro 3. Food for thought.

#13 ·
Here are a few..some old and some newer.
Not all on the Shadow.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/KnmRsUr2rGk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/ZXuIb-LYeBs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/P876kGXB7CE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/fYghAd9DKv8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/9ozGbgbWOSM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Forgot to put the "http:" into the links. But either way, anyone that can copy & paste can see them.

Nice job! Thanks for posting them!! 8)

#22 ·
#23 · (Edited)
Headed up to and through Flagstaff today, Video is Starting 30 miles Outside of Flagstaff, off Interstate 17 ..This will be broken up over a few days.. Kinda new at all this so :).. bear with me...

Part 1 - Widescreen - Seems to be best viewed full-screen..
I May have to re-encode these, as they are a little fishy.. (after I done figured out how to do that - that is :))

Gas Station to Flagstaff - Part 1 - YouTube

Gas Station to Flagstaff - Part 2 - YouTube

#27 · (Edited)
Thanks Jason. I gave it all I could even with the wet road conditions. It poured rain earlier in the day and which me a little cautious at first but I quickly got more confident as I went along. Some of the guys we ride with said they did not think much of the Dragons Tail. They went slow through the whole thing (which is fine), however the three of us that gave it our all and had a blast. It is what you make it.

#34 · (Edited)
Got my GoPro Hero3+ Silver in the mail yesterday. Did a test video this morning on the drive to work (in my truck). Got to the office, uploaded and viewed it in GoPro Studio and it looked great. I recorded in 1080, 30fps. When I did the export (youtube option for compression), it saved and still looks good. When uploaded to Youtube though, it is grainy and not clear. I'm attaching the video (even though it is a ride in the truck to my office with me holding the camera in my hand) so you can see what I'm talking about.

What gives? What export settings do I need to use when saving and uploading to Youtube?

Drive to work on March 13, 2014 testing GoPro Hero3+ Silver - YouTube

#35 · (Edited)
Here's a video of a ride I did through our local state park yesterday afternoon, using handlebar mounts. Not very exciting as the state park speed limit is 15mph in most places, but it gave me a chance to try out the camera on the bike. Video is still grainy/blurry once put on Youtube. Any advice on how to remedy that is appreciated.

#39 ·
.....Not very exciting as the state park speed limit is 15mph in most places, but it gave me a chance to try out the camera on the bike..
Great Video! I love seeing places like that.. Places I will likely never travel.. Makes me want to jump on my bike, and if asked, point in some random direction and tell the wife, "I'm going That-away, I'll be back in a few weeks or whatever.." :)

That's the main reason I love to ride I think.. Just that whole idea of freedom, to get out into the world, and explore.. Just me, the bike, and whatever road is out in front of me..

Can't beat that.

Keep 'em coming... Looking good.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.