Honda Shadow Forums banner

This is what it's like when you drop it

4K views 43 replies 35 participants last post by  iamsmiling 
#1 · (Edited)
#6 ·
And then one of the cheap hard bags you bought on Ebay break but you don't know it and it opens and your hat flies out somewhere on a road in Virginia. At least that's what I heard could happen. Not that it would ever happen to me. Last month. And gas leaks out.

#10 ·
Tragedy? Hardly.. a reminder yes.. I got lax.. I should have put the bike in the center section of the turn off but I was in a hurry to snap a pic, turned in too soon, on the steep side, with a mild drop.. took three of us to right it. Things happen, they often teach us.

#23 ·
Thank God yall made out ok from the sounds of things. Many times when riding I think when will it be my turn as if Ill ever know beforehand. Ive wiped out on my dirt bike and really bad a few times on my bike when I was a kid. But never a 500 plus llb bike at speed. I know what you mean by lax. Sometimes my trip to the corner store wit no helmet and full cover sandals nonetheless.

#25 ·
That sucks man, but glad you are both ok. Can't say I have not been there done that although I don't have the balls to advertise it much less post pictures.
How's the Mistress? I usually snap off the mirror mount at least. PM me if you did.
Anyway glad it was not worse.

#26 ·
I'm happy to report that there was no damage at all, it was a soft landing . The only thing that really sucked is it landed in such a way that the drivers side section of the highway bars found the little gulley so instead of supporting the bike enough to make things easy for lifting the bike was at
such an angle it took three to get it upright, thanks again to the young lady who stopped to help.

#27 ·
Hey CD

Glad to read that you, Linda and the bike survived.

I dropped the chop at an intersection once because I ignored the fact that the road fell away to my right and the ground was further away than my leg was long!

Things like that concentrate the mind wonderfully, don't they? :)

Respect

Collector

#31 ·
The sun was shining the other day
so I hopped on the bike,went out
to play
Wouldn't you know it
I landed in a ditch
Now I ask you my friends
ain't that a bitch
Bike fell down
so did I
one minute looking
at the road
the next the sky
Didn't get a nick or scratch
no not one stitch
still I ask you
ain't that a bitch

#29 ·
You were lucky there were people around to help. A lot of the places I ride are pretty deserted, and I can imagine a senario like yours where the bike is either in a ditch or on a downslope so that it's impossible to lift by oneself.

I'm thinking a small rope and pulley system might be a good thing to carry along, although that requires some handy anchor points. A really cool thing would be an inflatable lift bag like rescue crews use, only smaller. Unfortunately I have never seen such a thing. Anybody got any ideas?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.