#1 ·
Preparing for the ride when I found....

THIS...

It's a NAIL!!
:-x

See less See more
#2 ·
Tube type or tubeless?

Several options either way. Is the tire low? If not, mark the spot and pull it out. Looks like it went in at a steep angle, might not have gone through. Either way looks like that tire is getting thin, might think of replacing it pretty soon.

If it's low and tubeless, you can pull the nail and put a plug in it temporarily. If it's a tube type you can dismount it and either patch the tube or replace it.

Looks like tire shopping is in your future... :lol:

#7 ·
Why don't you pry that out and see if it went through the tire?

The nail looks worn enough to have had enough chance to get worked into the tire and through the tube. I'll bet it did not because with the spoked wheels, you should have a flat by now.
Plus...looks like it is in at an angle.

#16 ·
I just picked up a nail last week. Same G702, about the same meat, but no dry rot, so for me it was patch and ride (or at least have my mechanic patch it then ride, lol). Very happy with the G702 that was on it when I got the bike, so I put same one on. But dam if that doesn't look like the pic I took of mine, lol.

#18 ·
The tire still holds air but I'm not riding again until I have new ones.
There is not enough life left in my old tire to bother with patching or plugging.
Unless things have changed a lot since my last bike with spoked wheels you don't plug or patch a tubed TIRE, but patch or replace the tube. I sincerely hope you get new tubes when you replace your old tires.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.