Honda Shadow Forums banner

2-up Weight Limit on Aero 750

3K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  Coop 
#1 ·
Simple question that might get complicated?

Bike has cobra pipes with jet kit, 09' Aero, He weighs around 300 and she weighs about 150-160. Not sure of the shocks, etc.

#6 · (Edited)
No, it's not like exhaust and a jet kit some big power adder anyways. Like said its more about the suspension as well as the gearing. If was a chain driven bike is suggest getting a larger rear sprocket and/or a smaller front. But you can ride as is if you crank the shocks to the highest preload setting. But you still be left most likely bottoming out on bumps, a squishy ride, much longer stopping distances needed, and bigger breaks in traffic to get out because the bike will be a dog off the line.

#7 ·
Buy your own! You'll have more fun that way!

#11 · (Edited)
Saw a guy on a Streetglide or a RoadKing last Sunday about your height with his girl on the back. I was smiling (to myself) when I saw him get on the bike tippy-toed and he couldn't reach the kick stand for a good few tries. He managed though. I have the opposite problem. There isn't a motorcycle (production) that is built for someone my height...doesn't exist. Although those large Harleys with freeway bars and pegs way out there are close. Riding the Shadow reminds me of driving a Honda Civic, LOL. My friends say it is like going to the circus and watching the clowns ride those small bicycles...not to my face though :)

#14 ·
I have done 300 mile trips 2 up with gear that would have been 550lb total on my Aero 750 when I used that as the main bike, the bike handled it well but you would not want to push it, We just cruised.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.