Honda Shadow Forums banner

LED Underbody Kits - Any Interest?

1K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  allenpa5 
#1 ·
Hi everyone,

I'm considering making an order from a supplier overseas for a lot (10 units) of waterproof LED underbody kits, ice blue color (the typical bright blue you see everywhere). I wanted to see if there would be any interest in the community here to pick up a package from me. The final price should be right about $45-50/set, and that will include 10 light-strips, a wire harness, power regulator, waterproof tubing w endcaps, and wireless remote control.

They look like they're pretty decent quality and the reviews are favorable. The closest comparison I could find on eBay or Amazon was priced at around $80 for a set, which is why I'm looking at going this route. I'd only be looking to get my original purchase price back, so no price gouging here. Attached is a photo of the actual light strips you'd be receiving. I'm choosing the equal length lights so there would be equal coverage and light pattern on the ground and underbody.

Please let me know if you guys are interested and I can put in the order asap.

Thanks!

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Good call on the color variability. As an update, I've looked into other color combos and found the same set, but with multiple color combinations built it. Basically you can install a single set of lights and you'll be able to cycle through 15 color combinations to suit the bike, environment, or need.

Keep me updated on the set you get. I'm really, really interested in seeing how the different products turn out as far as brightness and quality. You never know what you're going to get until you get it in the mail!

#5 ·
I bought a set of Color Changing lights at Advance Auto of all places, for less than $40...2 - "12 strip lights, wiring and wireless controller...cycles through 6 steady colors, or a multi-combo, and they are bright as hell...

I only added them under my tank...may daisy-chain some more later under the rear fender...

Attachments

#6 ·
The color looks pretty good for the strips, good find! I also took a look at a few of those kits, but ultimately decided they just weren't for me. I used to have a few of those on my older CBR, but they were just too bulky and too hard to install where the housing wouldn't be seen.

I'm happy to say, though, that the underbody lights I orderd just came in yesterday! They look great, have plenty of wire to install them wherever you'd want on your bike, and are incredibly small sized. I'll be sure to post pictures of them up and running when I get them installed on my Shadow. The wireless remote is a pretty cool feature, too!

#7 ·
Finally got around to installing the new set of lights and couldn't be happier. They're the perfect accent lighting for my bike, throw light in all the right places, easy to install, and small enough to get in anywhere!

Check out the photo I took tonight. I'll be posting a link to a YouTube video of the color changing capabilities totomorrow evening. :)

Attachments

#8 · (Edited)
Those lights look kinda neat. Are such things legal in most states? Just curious. Allenpa5, I'm interested in a set but I think red would work better for red bike.
I installed an HID headlight and love that thing. If you're going to do a light modification and you don't have already have HID, then do that mod first. :)

#10 ·
I agree on the HID light mod - I had that done on my last bike and it was a night and day difference! That's probably coming up quick for me.

As for the light kit I got - it actually has an RGB light setup built into each light strip, so you can customize the color to whatever you want. I just showcased the blue light in my picture above. It'll stay red, orange, yellow, green, white, blue, purple, etc... If you're interested in picking one up, I'll paste my eBay listing for a set below. If you're local (Metro-Detroit, MI area), we can arrange a local pickup and save you about $10 in shipping.

Let me know!

LED Underbody Light Kit Link

#9 ·
Hey,
ABQ-Jammer, Can you give me a link to the vendor on Ebay where you bought your red accent lights, please. Thanks, Ron

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.