Honda Shadow Forums banner

The Half Helmet Blues

1K views 11 replies 11 participants last post by  X3r0 
#1 ·
So being down in Florida I thought I would pick up a half helmet to use instead of my Vega FF. The selection at the local shop was not great but I came away with a Daytona brand half helmet. I bought a medium (my FF is a large) but when I wear it , it feels like it lifts off my head a bit then kinda tilts back. And I had the chin strap way tight for the second ride, same thing. The "mushroom"look I could almost live with but I'm not digging the way it feels.

#5 ·
#7 ·
#6 ·
Helmet laws SUCK!!!
Yep I`m old school...
BUT in GA we Got a law what says wear a helmet...
I have several for different purposes...
The "Half Hat" is worn the most, I have a couple to choose from, black, white, black & whilte, plus a full coverage for that type cruise too...

Yes, indeed take it back, get one that fits!!

Lets RIDE
D

#8 ·
Take it back to where you bought for return or exchange. I was never a fan of half helmets hence riding with a 3/4 all my riding years. I love my GMax 67s 3/4, lots of ventilation, very light and under $100.

#11 ·
Not a fan of Half helmets, I've been using a 3/4 Scorpion for a couple of years and I like it.
Scorpion EXO-250 Helmet - Jafrum
I've got the optional shield for it so if I run into rain I can pull the visor off and replace it with the shield.

#12 ·
Ordered one of these a off Ebay.. Garbage, now it's his play helmet :)

He's already picked his bike and color.. Shadow Orange with Blue flames...

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.