Honda Shadow Forums banner

Sissy Bar/Luggage Rack Question

1K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Nobiggie 
#1 ·
My 04 Spirit 1100 currently has both saddlebag brackets and a sissy bar attached to the support holes. I've been looking at getting a luggage rack to go along. That would make 3 different items using the same support holes. I could get longer bolts to make up for the length difference. But would the luggage rack holes even line up properly with the support holes around everything else? Anyone have experience with this?

#2 ·
All that works out as long as the parts you buy are made for your bike. Usually the sissy bar and luggage rack attach to a bracket that in turn attaches to the support holes. That's how the cobra setup is on my bike anyway. The easy bracket for the hard bags does attach to the support holes as well. As far as longer bolts etc, that's what hardware stores are for ...

#3 ·
Usually the sissy bar and luggage rack attach to a bracket that in turn attaches to the support holes.
I've noticed that's how most are, but it looks like my sissy bar stands alone, as does the luggage rack. They are both Hondaline and the correct one's for my bike. Figured they may get too cluttered from trying to force 3 things with the same dimensions into the same spot and misalign the holes. Perhaps I could have better worded it.

#4 · (Edited)
Yeah if it's Hondaline stuff it will all line up for sure. Like you said just get a couple of longer bolts if you need them. By the way, make sure you are not missing that bracket. I think Honda calls it a 'Stay' (you'll need a pair). I don't see how a luggage rack is going to attach to your fender support bolts. Also I don't think a sissy bar is going to be back far enough without a bracket. I am picturing my bike though ('96 1100 ACE), so YMMV.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.