Honda Shadow Forums banner

after market mirrors

4K views 20 replies 11 participants last post by  Bubbafuzz 
#1 ·
my 2007 spirit needs the round mirrors updated. anyone have the kuryakin Scythe chromed? I hesitate about the cost over $100 but if you get what you pay for I want great quality and style.

i have to do a metro adapter, anyone have a close up???

#2 ·
I have them in black. I had paint issues on my first set but the guys at kuryurkin sent me a brand new set for free. They have been great ever since.

Attachments

#4 ·
scythe 1448

I'm gonna try scythe 1448 chrome mirrors with 1411 metric adapters and hope it's smooth. nobody cares but whatever.>:). they say there's tons of mirrors, but I ain't finding lots of solid quality ones, most complaining there bad quality or bad fit cuz u can't see out of them and vibration.

#5 ·
For the most part most metric mirrors are RH thread except Yamaha they chose to use LH and RH threads and of course HD use standard thus why Kury choses to use adapters. The only thing I don't like about adapters is its another threaded joint to vibrate loose and believe me a stock fit requires attention on a regular basis unless one uses Loctite which I refrain from using if at all possible. Also adapters add length to the mirror stem.

#7 ·
thanks. mirrors are pricey and though I thought it would be easier to explore turns out IMO
there are fewer options for cool looking metric mid cruisers. more choices for the custom Harley. disappointing- also, if you get what you pay for then even $$$ Kuryakin have flaws, but at least for resale, they will foremost appear top of line.

didn't have too much fun researching mirrors oh well. let u know what happens.

#9 ·
There is some vibration. I can tell what is behind me but I couldn't read the front plate number either.

#11 ·
You may love Kuryakin Scythe replacement mirrors. I've never had them so I can't answer that, but my advice is that you should put those stock Mickey Mouse ear mirrors up on a shelf for a year or so. I put great looking replacement mirrors on my Spirit and had them for about a year before deciding that the stock mirrors out performed them to such a degree that I put the stock ones back on. I was happy that I still had them stashed away rather than buy them again.

#13 ·
I purchased Emgos which are a 1/2" wider than stock. Now I use the Emgo stems and OEM mirrors. The Emgos stems are 2" shorter on the mirror end after the bend. Emgos are pretty good quality considering their price per pair.

#14 ·
wow the emgo mirrors are nice! And I like the price! thanks for bringing them to my attention!!
on Amazon I will have to order 2 to replace my oems.
is that what it means when it says M10 and M10 reverse thread?

I like the Emgo Li'l Cruiser teardrops with the non-flat - not sure what they call that.

#16 ·
I put a pair of BikeMaster "American Cruiser" mirrors on mine, and swung them inward. Makes for a unique look and makes lane-splitting easier since now the mirrors don't go out past my bar ends.

Attachments

#17 ·
Whatever happened to the center-windshield mounted blind spot mirror?
Looked like half a large chrome donut, as I recall. Worked real well, according to the reviews at the time. Sorta spendy, I think.

Think they were invented by a Britisher, perhaps.

Cannot recall the name or how to find one....er....two, in my case, for the twins.

#18 ·
ok installed my new aftermarket emgo oval flat glass mirrors. they look hoss. much better than stock, imo. but they seem to vibrate more, and will evaluate more once start up spring riding- al is there after long winter.

#19 ·
Try anti-seize on the threads.
It seems to help reduce vibration.
Use too much and wipe off the excess.

Just installed the big EMGO's on the FlyinJenni....much wider view than stock. And not enough bigger overall to look funny.

Not a fan of even blue loc-tite on stuff like this.

#20 ·
I also have Kuryakyn after market mirrors, don't remember which style, they came on bike, having two bikes the same model make it fun, the 06 Sabre has stock mirrors, the 05 Sabre has the Kuryakyn , I like the stock mirror over the after market, there easier to see behind you with, the after market mirrors I final gave in and used blue locktite to hold them from moving, they have a smaller view, making it harder to make out whats behind you. the aftermarket look better, but again do not perform like the stock ones

#21 ·
I just got some kuryakyn heavy industry mirrors. Can mix and match black and chrome parts on them. The mirror itself is solid built. Stays where you put it and doesn't bump out of place easy. But it does vibrate more than stock, like the guy before said, can't read a plate but the fact I can now see around my shoulder far outweighs the little vibrations. Pics in my album if interested to see them on the bike.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.