Honda Shadow Forums banner

Honda Safety Recall Notice: 2010-2016 models

4K views 15 replies 13 participants last post by  blb 
#1 ·
Fellow Riders,

I received a safety recall notice from Honda today. My Shadow is a 2011 Aero, and the recall applies to 2010-2016 VT750 models as indicated below. Here is the text of about half of the letter I received:

IMPORTANT SAFETY RECALL

Dear Honda VT750C/CA/CS/C2/C2B/C2F/C2S Owner:

This notice is sent to you in accordance with the National Traffic and Motor Vehicle Safety Act.

What is the reason for this notice?
Honda has determined that a defect which relates to motor vehicle safety exists in certain 2010-2016 model year Honda VT750C/CA/CS and VT750C2/C2B/C2F/C2S motorcycles. It is possible that long term exposure to engine vibrations may cause the bank angle sensor wiring to break, or be damaged. If the bank angle sensor wiring is damaged or broken, the engine may stall; if this occurs while riding, the risk of a crash will increase.

Even if you had your motorcycle's bank angle sensor replaced as part of NHTSA Recall 11V-310, your motorcycle is still affected by this recall and must have a new bank angle sensor installed.

What should you do?
Call any authorized Honda motorcycle dealer and make an appointment to have your motorcycle's bank angle sensor replaced at no cost to you.

Once you make an appointment for your vehicle, be advised that the complete inspection and repair time may take approximately 0.9 hours; however, please ask your dealer for the specific time your vehicle will need to be at the dealership.

For assistance with locating a Honda motorcycle dealer, you may call Honda Motorcycle Customer Support at: 1-866-784-1870 or use the "find a dealer" option on Honda Powersports - Motorcycles, ATVs, Scooters, SxS.

To say the least, this is a drag. :frown2:

My apologies if this is already common knowledge or has been posted elsewhere on the forum. I haven't been here in a few months, and I wanted to share this with fellow riders.

-Hancock

See less See more
#3 ·
I appreciate that, Chris. I've been on other forums in the past where a lot of members would pitch a fit if someone posted something that was already on the forum. I've been away from this forum so long that I forgot the group here is much friendlier than that. I've re-set my homepage to HondaShadow.net!

Ride safe!

#8 ·
Yes I heard about it a couple weeks ago on an online magazine e-mail and got the recall in the mail Monday, now I have to make time for a 100 mile round trip and an hour or so to get it done. Hopefully it's not like the last recall, had to take it in and if the relay for that one was bad they had to order it then had to take it back for install. It was summer and very nice out though, now I have to go by the weather report and hope it's correct.
Thanks for sharing though, many don't get those type of e-mails that I do so don't hear about it until they get it in the mail. At least they can be prepared now.

#11 ·
Got mine done two years ago, it's not a biggie.

Even if you had your motorcycle's bank angle sensor replaced as part of NHTSA Recall 11V-310, your motorcycle is still affected by this recall and must have a new bank angle sensor installed.

#14 ·
Wow. Two years ago! I JUST got my recall notice in the mail yesterday.
Thanks to this terrific forum I already knew about it and had it done this week.

#15 ·
I'm sure I had this done a couple years ago, but I received the notice too. The wierd thing is, I haven't had my bike in a shop since I moved and haven't changed my address with Honda but they sent it to my new address-that's some spooky stuff.

Dingo.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.