Honda Shadow Forums banner

Recommend bags/storage for suit jacket and 15 legal files?

789 views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Ramie 
#1 ·
tl;dr - Any ideas on how to store a suit jacket (other than rolled up and stuffed into a tiny, wrinkled space) and a stack of legal files for frequent short rides?

Details: I'm a criminal defense attorney, mostly for juveniles right now. I ride about 2 miles from my office to the juvenile hall most days, in a dress suit and sometimes I need to take a lot of files with me. The files are about 15" x 13" x 10" (depending on how many I need that day).

Currently planning on using a backpack but it's not great for the suit jacket (wrinkles it and my clients deserve a lawyer with a crisp, pressed suit) and the files can be pretty heavy at times. The files generally fit in an expanding briefcase (here).

Any recommendations (messenger bag/briefcase with strap, sissybar bag/box, suck it up and get saddle bags, etc)?

Thanks! Hoping to get out of the cage for these rides!

#5 · (Edited)
tl;dr - Any ideas on how to store a suit jacket (other than rolled up and stuffed into a tiny, wrinkled space) and a stack of legal files for frequent short rides?

Details: I'm a criminal defense attorney.....my clients deserve a lawyer with a crisp, pressed suit...

Well, as a joke I would say they deserve a lawyer with a car....but I digress.
On a serious note....kudos to you for standing up for the accused.

No idea for the files except getting a luggage rack and using your briefcase or a box with tie downs(?)

Anyway.....give these a shot for your suit jacket:

#6 ·
You might be able to find a trunk if you have a luggage rack.
I just can't get into the look of the trunk, but you may be right that it is the most viable solution. Hadn't even thought about it but I'll look around now, thanks
[/B]Well, as a joke I would say they deserve a lawyer with a car....but I digress. On a serious note....kudos to you for standing up for the accused.
I have a newer, clean "serious" looking car but if I can squeeze in more bike time I'll take it. Not many motorcycles in my town so clients seem to get interested in them and, I think, don't see it as a downside (the juveniles will be impressed as much as anything, otherwise they think I look like a banker so I'll take the cred where I can get it). It's great but tough work and a good mission defending those who can't afford it, happy to do it and mostly the clients are happy with me regardless of my ride. One guy was riding his bike on this route to court and didn't get any grief so I suspect I'll be alright :nerd:
No idea for the files except getting a luggage rack and using a box with tie downs(?)Anyway.....give these a shot for your suit jacket:
Great, better than what I do now which is throwing the jacket on the back seat of my car over the briefcase then getting it pressed every week or two because I'm too lazy to consistently use a hanger in the car for a 5 minute trip.

Thanks all the way around for the good info everyone.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.