Honda Shadow Forums banner

Opinions on CTX700?

1K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  adlowe 
#1 ·
I'm always keeping my eyes open for the next bike and I'm wondering if anyone has ridden the Honda CTX700 and what your observations/opinions are if you have. Especially if it was okay 2up as that occasionally happens.

Primarily my riding is commuting and some riding around the state. I'd like to keep the size and weight on the manageable side. I'm not looking for a rocket ship or a show bike.

Any and all input will be greatly appreciated.

#2 · (Edited)
I took a test ride on a CTX with the dual clutch setup. I liked the bike, the dual clutch (auto shift) was kinda neat, not something I'd actually want but kinda cool.

I rode the naked model, not the one with the fairing. Plenty of power IMO, not a rocket ship but sufficient IMO. Of course it was a new bike so I didn't push it very hard. If I have one gripe about the CTX it would be, the footpegs are W A Y too far forward for my tastes. I felt like the wind would push me over backwards. Someone said in a write up on the CTX, "the footpegs arrive 2 minutes before you do"...:grin2:

I thought the parallel twin was pretty smooth, although I probably only got up to 50 mph. The bike does not have a center stand but one from another Honda fit's right up. Can't recall the exact model, something something 700. NC, NX I think.

When I test rode it I wasn't actually looking to buy, just wanted to see what one was like. All in all if Honda was to provide an accessory to relocate the pegs back some, the bike would be a keeper IMO.

Oh, there is a CTX Forum too. Might Google it and go there. I was on there for a short time, I found quite alot of information on there.

#4 ·
I am looking at the NC700X as my next bike. As Alf said same smooth engine but a more upright seating position and it has a frunk! Billed as an adventure style bike. As far as two up, I am following a thread on ADVRider.com where a couple is taking a multi-state two up camping trip on their NC700X. So far they have nothing negative to say about the bike. They did mention that the gas mileage went "down" into the 50s when they were super slabbing it. I ride a Roadstar and have only hit the 50s a couple times.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.