Honda Shadow Forums banner

My fork bridge cracked

5K views 16 replies 11 participants last post by  lavmonga 
#1 ·
Somehow, I went into the garage and pulled the bike out, and noticed this fork bridge/bracket had cracked in two spot. No idea how it could have happened. Anyway, the part isn't made anymore and I'm having minimal luck on ebay, any suggestions on website to check out? or is anyone parting their VT500 out (no one in the classifieds is)?

Attachments

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
#6 ·
Mine cracked just before Thanksgiving for my vt700. The part looks just the same as mine not sure if it actually is same fitment buy I found another one on eBay for $19 free shipping. It's worth a quick search on eBay for the parts by year and modle of your bike.

#9 ·
#10 ·
#11 ·
The link from jpr are the same used by most Magna owners.They will act as a replacement if needed. Altho they are meant to fit under the stock brace. This will fix you bike even if your aluminum one is cracked. Almost all of the V65 Magnas have the problem of a cracked brace. This was the first mod I did to mine. They are thin but strong as hell. You should be able to find plenty of pictures of magnas with these plates under the stock cracked ones. Had my brace been cracked. I would have ran one under the brace with out thinking twice.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.