Honda Shadow Forums banner

Helmet Quest

753 views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  wmdonley 
#1 ·
For the past year of riding I gotten fond of my cheap arse 3/4 Raider helmet. I rode for many a year with this style helmet. Didn't start wearing FF until 87'.

Well today I went to shop in Indy @ 96th./Allisonville Road called Renegades. I stumbled across the LS2 Kurt 3/4 helmet. Very high quality fiberglass composite construction, awesome suede type liner, and quick release chin strap. The fit was a size larger than my norm.

The plus factor of this helmet is the noise reduction level of this particular helmet which is another reason I like my ole' Raider. All in all I finally found a the helmet I like after 3 yr. search.

My 2nd. son and wife became new owners of 02' 750 ACE. I will presenting them a ride bell tommorrow at our family gathering.

#3 ·
Very similar to my Bell 500. I like the 3/4 for the ear protection while leaving the wind-in-your-face. Interesting "suede" liner!

#4 · (Edited)
LS2 KURT OF583 Matte Titanium. This is the most comfortable fit and liner contact of any helmet I've owned. I like the GMax Cool Max lining better but this suede type liner really feels really good to the skin touch. This model is available on Amazon for $88. The price @ the shop was a $149. :surprise:

#5 ·
I love 3/4 helmets, but with a ratcheting flip-up faceshield. I picked up an HJC CL-33 off Amazon (w/ gift card) and it cost me nothing! :mrgreen:

I am also, arguably, a little odd... Whereas I have to have a gloss white helmet. It's just the way I am. Call it a superstition, I don't know. It's just that every helmet I have ever worn was gloss white.

#6 ·
Well I ride with my FF lid open most the time w/o any issues with the wind etc. My wife has GMax 3/4 with the ratcheting visor both tinted (outer) and clear. The problem with it is at night with the outer tinted flipped up, it whistles and buffets in the wind. I wear sunglasses all the time riding so a snap on visor will kept in the saddle bag for "goose drowners" and colder temps if needed. H
HJC 33's fit really good but I don't like the liner material. From previous experience with HJC, it gives me the "hot head" so to speak with their liner material.

#7 ·
I was beginning to think I was the only one who rides with the face shield open all the time. Love the wind in my face, but don't want to sacrifice the safety of the full face. Never have had any issue with wind either. :)

#8 ·
Shoei RJ Air for me. What the cops wear. light, well built, comfortable.
Great fit for me. I wear glasses, the 3/4 works the best for them.i use a smoke flat shield, and carry a clear in the saddlebag. Bestcombo I've found with the windshield......

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.